Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any Ibanez SR505 Owners Have Problem Fitting Cable into Cable Jack?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jgbass, Sep 20, 2004.

1. jgbass

jgbass Guest

Dec 17, 2003
    I recently bought a new SR505 and could not fit my Monster cable into the cable jack. Tried another cable that wasn't as wide, but its a tight fit and think I'll be breaking this cable trying to jam it in and out of the cable jack in a short time. Ibanez responded with email stating it needed a new input. Think the wood itself and the way it is constructed is causing the problem. Anyone ever had this problem with cable jacks that are mounted on the front of the body????

2. Incubus

Incubus

Mar 28, 2005
    NY,NY
    YES... but i just got in there with a screw driver and loosened it... get one of those weird screw drivers at a hardware store

EDIT: i have an SR505 also

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Don't like monster cables because of this. They're larger bored and by the time you realize what's going on, the gold coating wears off.

Incubus has an idea, and it works. I had this problem with my SR400.

4. jgbass

jgbass Guest

Dec 17, 2003
    I ended up taking the bass back to GC and they were supposed to order another one for me. Someone there dropped the ball and it was never done, so I ordered a new one Interstate Music. Found this bass was more cable friendly. I can get a Monster cable in there but I usually use a narrower cable, the Ernie Ball Ultraflex