Any idea what 10" Ceramic Eminence LF drivers Ampeg uses in the PF-410HLF cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by etherealme, Aug 19, 2020.

1. etherealme

etherealme Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Louisiana
    Can one get these outside of buying an Ampeg PF cabinet? I am not seeing any drivers specifically listed with ceramic magnets and a 'LF' indicator anywhere unless someone can point me in the right direction. I was thinking of changing to a ceramic driver anyway and I adore the PF cab tone.

Thanks in advance!

2. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa Boogie, Development Engineer-Genzler (pedals), Product Support-Genz Benz
    No, those drivers are exclusive to Ampeg.

3. Wasnex

Wasnex

Dec 25, 2011
    I found some drivers on Ebay listed as P/N 2039238. The model stamped on the magnet is PF10M. Here's an image from one of the listings. Used and new listings are available.

s-l640.jpg

AFAIK Ampeg only makes one 410 in the PF line, so this should be the correct driver.

etherealme likes this.
  4. etherealme

etherealme Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Louisiana
    Thanks a bunch. There's only 3 of these from 3 different sources. Wish there were 4 being sold together but this is a great lead on the type.

Wasnex likes this.
  5. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa Boogie, Development Engineer-Genzler (pedals), Product Support-Genz Benz
    I would check with Ampeg to see hiw much they are for a set of 4 new.

Wasnex likes this.
  6. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

If you 'adore' the sound of your Ampeg cabinet why are you wanting to change out the drivers to just make the unit heavier?

agedhorse likes this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 24, 2022