1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Any idea where to get decent sheet music online? Preferably free.

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by thebbconspiracy, Jul 22, 2012.

1. As much as I love Chicago, and learning Ceteras basslines, I've gotten bored with my dads Chicago sheet music book from the 70s. Does anyone have a decent website on where to get decent sheet music for cheap or even better... Free?

2. Octaves

Octaves

Jun 22, 2012
    Most music websites have expenses. Maybe you should support the music industry and actually pay for something. There are some websites that sell single song notations for about $3.80 per song, don't quote me on that, it's just an estimate. Other than that, i would say, check out Ebay and get some sheet music second-hand. Good luck! :)

3. mambo4

mambo4

Jun 9, 2006
    Dallas
    Probably not the genres you are interested in , but for copyright expired, public domain music , early 20th century and before:
    http://imslp.org/wiki/

That's where I get my Bach cello suites and Scott Joplin tunes :)

4. Gaius46

Gaius46

Dec 15, 2010
    I use it all the time as well. Great source for practice sight reading material.

5. Haha I do pay for my music. :D Right now, money is tight and anywhere where I can save a penny is good. And any genre is fine! Thanks a lot!

6. Thanks for this:bassist:

7. Octaves

Octaves

Jun 22, 2012