Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any Idea's TB'er's..?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ZenBass, Jul 8, 2005.

1. Does anyone know what this body is that is for sale on Ebay, I am looking to build myself a fretless on the cheap just to see if I really want to go full on and get one..

Apart from its a standard Jazz copy, it doesnt say where it's from or anything like that...

Lilkly hood is its a pile of dog-poo I would strip it down to bare wood and give it a vintage tint and tort'shell scratch plate with a nice fretless neck with ebony fingerboard board (unlined)...

Cheers people....your always helpful :)

2. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    A link to the auction that youre talking about would be really helpful :)

3. Its could well be a SX bass I was looking at their site yesterday to see if it was but I didnt think the blue matched that off the add (thought we all know how reliable the net is in colour matching).... it could be a number of different things... all I wanted to know really was did the guy know what wood it was

I askled him to sand a section away inside of the neck pocket but he said he didnt have any sandpaper to hand wouldnt be able to get any before the auction ended...

Its probably a 3 part body and probably alder like most of the copies about.. which would be fine, just dont really wanna take the finish off to discover it three piece of wood of different colours... tho I suppose at £20 its not exactly a massive gamble and the hardware and pickups are worth that on their own.,,