Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any Ideas To Change it up?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BeatlesBassist4, Jul 28, 2004.

1. BeatlesBassist4

BeatlesBassist4

Apr 22, 2004
    Gearogia
    Alright weve all heard the song Brown Eyed Girl, and you know that part where its just the bass and drums? well i like it but its kinda boring and i wanted to know if you guys had any ideas of something else that i could do at one of our gigs that sounds better. So if you have ne ideas let me know man.

If you tab it out thatd be a bonus :D

Thanks.

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Improvise a solo, nod at the band when you are done.

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Do it Reggae style.

4. +1

5. BeatlesBassist4

BeatlesBassist4

Apr 22, 2004
    Gearogia
    yea thatd work thanks guys.

6. do a barbershop quartet version...its a crowd pleaser!

7. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Drum solo? Just kidding, I can't remember the recorded part, but I would just "walk a line" if I wanted to spice up the part.

8. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I regularly stand with a band that actually call out "BASS SOLO" in that part. I started off ignoring the call and just playing the standard line, but they used to give me a hard time afterwards. They weren't happy until I started slapping. I think it sounds awful but they're the ones with the cheque book..............

9. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

To add to this...SLAP the HELL out of your BASS type SOLO!
    "Brown eyed Girl" has been respectfully played for too long by too many cover bands.

Please render this tired cover unrecognizeable by filling it up with lots of SLAP BASS.

10. BeatlesBassist4

BeatlesBassist4

Apr 22, 2004
    Gearogia

will do man will do, ill just bust out a huge slap solo and see what they think haha. thanks for all the ideas guys.