Any ideas?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by XxBassmanxX, Jun 16, 2003.

1. XxBassmanxX

Nov 21, 2001
    Rosman NC
    I have an older M92 modulus 4 string with a SS pickup. I really love the tone of this bass, the only thing i would prefer would be a 3 band eq and maybe a neck pickup for a smoother sound once in a while. The problem i have is that I really prefer basses with 34 inch scale. Does anyone have a suggestion for a good bass in the same price range (about $1000) with a 34 in scale and a similar sound? I would almost be content with a Q4 since they sound so good to me, but the necks a little thick and the 35 inchc scale just isnt comfortable to me (ive played 35in for 2 years though so its managable..) This early one is about the thickest neck i will have and its thinner than the other one! I like tight spacing and LOW action. Why do most of the high end companies make huge necks now? I totally dig the feel of a fender jazz, but i really cant find one that sounds like this or plays as easily. What about status? I am in no rush, and Ill probally just hold on to this bass anyway and buy the next one, so ill have plenty of time to look!

2. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    If you like the Modulus but want a 34" scale, the Flea Bass or the VJ are probably models you should look at. I've seen both used in the <$1000 price range.

I haven't played either one, so I can't comment much on the neck sizes.