Any Incubus fans here?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Nickthebassist, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Does anyone listen to Incubus? If you do, has anyone ever heard Are You In? Cuz I like that bass tone on that song...nice and punchy, but slightly growl. Anyone got any ideas how to set the EQ on my amp to get it?
  2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Nick, Incubus/Dirk Lance have been done to death, do a search. You'll find everything you've ever wanted to know about Incubus and then some.

P.S. Check out their first two albums, they are really good/more rock oriented.
  3. Aqueousillusion

Feb 8, 2005
    Yeah S.C.I.E.N.C.E was there best album, the chilled a lot since fame. But "Are you in" is a good song.
  4. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    dirk lance runs one of the coolest, most intense rigs ever. Good luck getting his sound.
  5. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    On the morning view tour, it was A warwick most of the time, and a Fender Jazz bass part of the time.

All this through an ampeg SVT 8x10 (may have been the 610, i dont remember, was like 3 or 4 years ago...)

And an SVT head of some sort.
  6. I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    nope it was a Stage Streamer two most of the time.65 Jazz on Are you in.All through Eden gear.Look up his full rig is on there
  7. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Nick the only way you are going to get that sound is by purcashing a new bass. I think the best way to get it is with a Roscoe SKB-6. Look into it and get back to us.

8. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan

I was staring at the thing all night.... it was an ampeg. Then again, it wasnt actually a tour stop... they shot the wish you were here or nice to know you video at our Arena, so he may have used it because of record label reasons.
  9. You sure it's a Jazz bass?
  10. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I have a live concert DVD and I can't remember which song he plays with it, but he definitely had a CAR jazz.
  11. I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Ya he uses that Jazz for Wish you were,Drive and Are You In.Mike maybe your stop was different but he always plays Eden stuff
  12. I thought "Make Yourself" was musically brilliant, but produced (mixed / eq'd) horribly.
  13. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I liked their first two albums alot. Enjoy had some cool funky shizzle on it, tough the songs often felt like jamming sessions to me. S.C.I.E.N.C.E was (heck still is) really great, great bassplayer too, and alot of fun to play along. After that, they had some ok tunes, but they've softened too much imo+the new material is just weak.
  14. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I've got a quick question: In England are bands like Nickleback or Incubus "underground?" I just wonder because you asked if there were any fans here. They are quite popular around these parts.
  15. Bass_Machine

Oct 29, 2004
    We Brits do have funny ways, but Inucbus are'nt underground and neither are (sadly) Nikelback. I saw Incubus live at the London Hammersmith Apollo and it was a cracking show. Most music-orientated (you know those types who play no instruments but have good taste in music etc...) people I know like Incubus and the concert was pretty packed, so I would say they are quite well known. Kids in my school know about Incubus.
  16. +1

Great great album.
  17. I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Ya Science rocks but I really like Morning View
  18. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    All their stuff is excellent. It goes to show you bands can evolve and still be close to their roots. Ben Kenney, the new bassist, has done an excellent job at filling Lances shoes. I think that the new A Crow Left of the Murder "Incubus" is gonna bring some new things to the table. If you guys get a chance check out, Sick Sad Little World, Here In My Room, and Pistola.
  19. HamOnTheCob

HamOnTheCob Jacob Moore Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Endorsing Artist for Warwick Basses, Mesa Engineering, Joyo Technology, Dr. J Pedals, and Levy's Leathers
    Not to piss on anyone's shoes, but I absolutely disagree.

And as far as Lance using an Ampeg rig... it must have been a house rig or someone else's, because he was an Eden endorser since about 97. And I've never seen him play anything other than a Warwick Streamer Stage II (which he also endorsed). I'll have to find some vid of him playing a Fender Jazz.
  20. Dirk played a Warwick / Eden outfit when they played in Spokane.