Any info/experience with 33" 5-string Bacchus Global basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tom0Blam0, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Tom0Blam0

Tom0Blam0 Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2014
    Hey TBers,

I have found a few threads on here, but mostly regarding sales, of the 33" scale Bacchus WL-533 basses. I'm curious to hear more, especially from folks who aren't currently selling theirs :)

Has anyone played/owned one of these? I am completely switching to short/medium scale basses and I was hoping to get a Jazz bass to finish off my collection. Getting a high end 5er, in medium scale, and at a good price sounds like a dream come true. Since I wouldn't be able to play it before buying I was hoping to at least get some thoughts before taking the plunge.

Specifically I'm interested in how the neck plays. Are there necks folks could compare these to? Especially the 5 string? I'm wondering if they're at all similar to Laklands. Thanks in advance!

2. reddog

reddog Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Philly burbs
    Anyone... anyone?

3. soong

soong

May 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Had one, sold it. Build was amazing. Electronics not the best. Pickups can't cut a mix, at all.

4. LUpton

LUpton Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    Probably too old for this sh--
    I bought one of the WL533 basses from a great gentleman who advertised here. New strings and a little bit of neck adjustment to fit my taste, and it's competing for the #1 bass spot in the rotation. I'm finding the 33" scale differs very little in feel from a 34".

Still working on the electronics, though. Doesn't cut or sound as full as my Ray5 with the Nordy pickup. YMMV, though...I may just be more familiar with the MM style electronics.

Very nicely built basses, though.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021