1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Any info on a Washburn Bantam Headless?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jimmy rocket, Sep 13, 2008.

1. jimmy rocket

jimmy rocket

Jan 24, 2008
    Ayden, NC
    Lookie what I found! I work at a church and as I was digging around in a closet full of cords and microphones I found this beast. The choir director says that someone donated it to the church a few years back and told me to find out how much it's worth so that we can sell it and get some new monitors for our youth choir.

I can't find much info on this particular bass and I was wondering if anyone could fill in some gaps.

2855372771_a00f2a4453_b.

2853033565_ee84aa2a7f.

2. batman has a signature bass? sweet!

3. jimmy rocket

jimmy rocket

Jan 24, 2008
    Ayden, NC
    Apparently, but it doesn't shoot missiles or anything. :)

4. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I remember someone here having one and he prefered it to his real deal, 1980's Steinberger. Listening to the sound clips he recorded of it, it sounded a fair bit more aggressive too! So definitely a cool bass, but definitely one worth keeping hold of!

5. jimmy rocket

jimmy rocket

Jan 24, 2008
    Ayden, NC
    It is fast and fun to play, and it does sound really good, but not really my style.

6. Rugaar

Rugaar

Apr 11, 2007
    wisconsin
    There's one on eBay sitting at $200 with 1 day left.

Fairly recently I bought a similar Westone Quantum for $175. I'm sure if you listed it here you'd have several offers.

7. jimmy rocket

jimmy rocket

Jan 24, 2008
    Ayden, NC

Yeah mine's in better condition than that. I might have to think about becoming a supporting member so I can list it.

Thanks for helping me track some info down.

8. Rugaar

Rugaar

Apr 11, 2007
    wisconsin
    Yeah, yours does look pretty good. My Westone is in better condition than the one on ebay, too.

See how much that one ends up selling for when it ends tomorrow and go from there. I'm guessing maybe up around $300 or so.

9. motleystew

motleystew

Apr 29, 2006
    Lewisville, TX
    I WANT THAT!!!!!

10. jimmy rocket

jimmy rocket

Jan 24, 2008
    Ayden, NC
    Thanks all. I ended up selling it locally for $150

11. Plantbrain

Plantbrain Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2006
    You asked too low, should have sold it for 300-400$ easy!

These are very nice stick basses.
    Next to the Stein's, they do not get better, well, the Warwick is pretty good if you can fine one and then they cost as much as steiny.

I have one of these, nice bass.

Regards,
    Tom Barr

12. this thread is also so last year