1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any info on this bass? A fretless Dean bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Farquhar, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Farquhar

Farquhar

Jul 16, 2008
    bass.jpg Lately I have been trolling craigslist for a cheap fretless bass. I am not a fretless player, but I wanted one just to play around with. I found this Dean bass and the unfamiliar headstock caught my eye. The seller didn't know much apart from it being a dean bass but it was in my price range so I picked it up. It seems like a very high quality bass.

Does anyone out there know anything about this bass. When or where it was made or maybe a model name, or anything? Sorry for the not so great pictures.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    B-Mac likes this.
  2. scuzzy

scuzzy

Feb 15, 2006
    Troy, MO
    There was a bass with a similar headstock on our local Craigslist a year or so ago. I questioned the seller a lot. It was actually a USA made bass and the little I could find on them was impressive. Supposed to be nice instruments with very good quality. If the price was right and had the funds, i'd snatch it up.

Also, I believe the one I was looking at was early 90's. I hope that helps.

3. Farquhar

Farquhar

Jul 16, 2008
    Thank you! Having a rough construction era, might help me find something on it. It was pretty cheap so I picked it up and I am very happy with it so far.

4. B-Mac

B-Mac Just like Aretha Sang... R-E-S-P-E-C-T Supporting Member

I just saw one of these on fleabay...same one?
    Definitely early 90's at least.
    Stop on by and say hello
    ----------->Dean Club!!!<---------

5. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Dean makes decent instruments. I think they're under-rated.

I have a Dean Cabbie bass and the fit and finish are very good indeed.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021