1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

any insight?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by enishi, Apr 19, 2005.

1. enishi

enishi

Apr 19, 2005
    on a tremendous stroke of luck I recently aquired a 1968 Gibson EB-0.. I'm not that good of a bassist, my main instrument and the moneymaker is saxophone, so my knowlege of specifics is very very limited. I do however know that this bass is in terriffic condition, all original hardware, and sounds amazing.. but I'm in financial turmoil and I look at it as more of my way out.. I just don't have a clue what to ask for it.. I can get some pictures up in a few days, but does anyone have any insight as to where I should sell, and how much I should ask? I've seen them sell on Ebay for up to $7500.00, mint.. mine is not completely mint, it's been played, but it's in damn good condition.. anyone? any ideas? this thing is too much for a small timer like me, and I need the money.

2. aquateen

aquateen

Apr 14, 2005
    maryland
    I've seen them sell on Ebay for up to $7500.00, mint

you may be thinking of a EB-1 (the violin shaped bass) for that price. EB-0's come up pretty regular on Ebay. check out how much they're going for but ignore the ones being sold by Guitar Center - they overprice them badly (their seller id's are gcrep###). you can also look on gbase, but they're generally on high side as well. figure out what you're minimum would be, make it a no reserve auction and you'll probably make out ok.