any insight?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by enishi, Apr 19, 2005.

1. enishi

Apr 19, 2005
    on a tremendous stroke of luck I recently aquired a 1968 Gibson EB-0.. I'm not that good of a bassist, my main instrument and the moneymaker is saxophone, so my knowlege of specifics is very very limited. I do however know that this bass is in terriffic condition, all original hardware, and sounds amazing.. but I'm in financial turmoil and I look at it as more of my way out.. I just don't have a clue what to ask for it.. I can get some pictures up in a few days, but does anyone have any insight as to where I should sell, and how much I should ask? I've seen them sell on Ebay for up to $7500.00, mint.. mine is not completely mint, it's been played, but it's in damn good condition.. anyone? any ideas? this thing is too much for a small timer like me, and I need the money.
  2. aquateen

Apr 14, 2005
    I've seen them sell on Ebay for up to $7500.00, mint

you may be thinking of a EB-1 (the violin shaped bass) for that price. EB-0's come up pretty regular on Ebay. check out how much they're going for but ignore the ones being sold by Guitar Center - they overprice them badly (their seller id's are gcrep###). you can also look on gbase, but they're generally on high side as well. figure out what you're minimum would be, make it a no reserve auction and you'll probably make out ok.