Any interest in a Roscoe LG - 3005?

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by jazz5757, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Ok, I just saw a post for an F bass that I'd love to get, so in the interest of buying yet another bass that I've never owned (I'm certifiably hopeless!) here goes my Roscoe. Here are the basics:

-Flamed Koa top
    -Spanish Cedar body
    -Spalted Purpleheart fingerboard
    -2 Bartolini soapbar pups with 3-band eq/preamp
    -Original Roscoe case

Beautiful bass, wonderful neck, plays and sounds incredible, very warm and phat sounding, thunderous low-B, asking $1499 shipped.

Please pm me with any questions or feel free to e-mail me at Thanks!

Here are the pics:
  2. troll

Aug 31, 2000
    Chicago area
    I'd love to drive down and take a look at it! :) Seriously... I've never actually played a roscoe but based on recordings, testimonials, etc... they seem like the next step up from the not so perfect tone from my Cirrus. Although the alder/maple combos seem to be more in line with the tones I like, and style. At this point I'd consider almost any Roscoe to get the obsession some satisfaction.

3. Troll - I think you'd be pleasantly suprised. I owned a Cirrus about a year ago, and while it was a "nice" bass with decent construction, it just isn't in the same ballpark as the Roscoe and I think most would concur on that point. If you'd really like to make the trip down that would be fine with me....send me an e-mail or pm me and we can set it up if you'd like.
  4. lsu921

Jun 6, 2003
    Addis, La
    Do you still have this? jphebert AT gmail DOT com if you do.. thanks..
  5. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
  6. Sold!!!
  7. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN