Any JJ Helms users out there?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jongor, Oct 30, 2005.

1. jongor

jongor Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2003
    Just curious what these basses are like, tone, playability and weight, the ones on his site look pretty nice.

And some of the sound bytes sound cool too.
  2. Larbo

Nov 1, 2004
    I purchased a five string that has a birdseye maple neck and multi-wood body. The neck is one of the best that I've seen-extraordinary work. He used a Kent Armstrong pick-up that produces some major tonal options. The fit and finish is superb. The set up was perfect for me. As you can probably tell, I'm pleased with my purchase.

The bass I bought was offered through an auction on eBay, so I didn't work directly with Josh. However, he has interesting designs, his prices are very competetive and he offers a lifetime warranty on his work. Does anymore need to be said? :)
  3. I gave the 32" scale one a new home. Construction was good, fret job was a good as anyone, action low. I finished it by installing an EMG35tw and a 2 band pre. It had a pup when I purchased it, but it was noisy and nothing to write home about. Sounds and plays great. Granted, some flaws, it is wood afterall, but that can be expected from a hand made instrument. Didn't bother me as I like character. But it was also used, by Josh. It is fun to play.