Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any King Missle Fans?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Matt Till, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I'm sure you've all heard the song "Detachable Penis". It's often advertised as many artist ranging from Primus to Ween. But it is in fact King Missle. I bought their self titled album, which is great. They are actually really solid musicians, and their songs are so funny. I really love "The Commercial", "Dishwasher," and "Bloodletting." But the whole album is great. Any other fans?

2. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Hmm i vaguely remember that song being somewhat popular when i was in middle school. The whoel idea kinda grossed me out though. I mean..People say I'd lose my head if it wasnlt attached- I'd hate to deal with well, yah.. and no I had never heard of King Missle actually.

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I WAS a Fan, but then I lost my penis at a party and this guy was selling it on a rug and ...it was traumatic.:meh:

4. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    My wife is a fan of my King Missle.

Does that count?

5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I'd be a little nervous about that. Yeah, King Missile are entertaining.

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    My favorite King Missile songs are "Jesus Was Way Cool" and "Take Stuff From Work."

The singer is really clever and uncanny at getting into the psyche of various people and view points (especially in "Take Stuff From Work"). Their greatest album, IMO, is not Happy Hour (which features the song Detachable Penis) but their earlier album Mystical Sh*t which is definitely worth getting and contains the two songs mentioned above. My introduction to King Missile came about the time that album came out and I heard "Jesus Was Way Cool" on the local college radio station.

brad cook

7. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Are ya icky? Are ya sticky? Are ya hot as anything? Cut off two of your fingers, and poke out both of yer eyes...

or something like that.

And who could forget Gay/Not Gay?