Any kubicki factor players on the forum?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bill compeau, Apr 3, 2003.

1. Just trying to see how many factor players are still around, they are one of the most unique basses I have ever played, I think they are remarkable instruments,I wish I still had both my old fretted and fretless models!
  2. maxoges

Aug 23, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I used to have a beutiful white xfactor. I sold it. It didn't suit my playing style allthough I dug the sound and the looks of the bass.
  3. By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    I own a Fender Custom Shop Kubiki. Made in 1990, I'm proud to say I am the original owner.

Great bass.
  4. Unfortunately I sold off my Kubickis... I had a Factor, a wonderful early (pre-Fender?) X-Factor and a fretless X-Factor. Actually I really miss the early one - it was light and sounded great.
  5. Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    I had one a few yrs ago and liked it. I wish I still had it. Looked cool but, most importantly, played and sounded great.
  6. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    natebass plays one...
  7. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    I have a Kubicki Blaster. It was the prototype for an import bass Phil Kubicki was developing back in '85. According to Phil, when plans for the import fell through the prototype was stolen. I found and bought the bass in Tokyo in 1999. Plays great, but the preamp died on me. I picked up a preamp from a Fender era Kubicki for real cheap, but it would require a little bit of routing to install it. Still debating whether or not I should install it.
  8. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I played two of them exclusively back in the late 80's, but eventually sold them. The 32" scale eventually startd to bother me (although the neck/scale made playability LIGHTNING fast). I eventually moved on to 5 strings, and they just collected dust in the closet. Wish I would've kept one of them, though.
  9. Amoilbasso

Apr 22, 2000
  10. JahKnow

JahKnow Guest

I own two, but recently only play my fretless. They are both X-Factors. These just fit the way I play better then anything I've owned or played. Phil's a nice guy too.
    PEACE!!!!!, Johno!