Any lefties?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lakerkobe, Jul 13, 2002.

1. lakerkobe

Jun 17, 2002
    Portland, OR
    Just a heads up in case any lefties looking for an American hotrodded P-Bass... musiciansfriend is selling them for 499. Looks like a good deal.
  2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I'm on the wrong side of the atlantic, and I learned to play right-handed, but thanks for the info.
  3. JMX,,, Yeah! I am a total lefty.. I can't even pick my nose with my right hand ....There is only one thing that I do right handed and that is playing the Bass/guitar.... I have tried many times to make the switch but I got to frustrated and went back to playing right handed.. I couldn't do it....I do really regret not playing lefty from the start because my right hand fingers/thumb will not move as fast as I like them too. I really think that If I had played lefty I would have been a way better slapper and over all a much better player.... plus left handed people are superior.:) Lakerkobe, thanks for looking out for us lefties even if we happend to play righty........
  4. I'm a southpaw, the only thing I do right-handed is play Bass.
  5. John Herzog

John Herzog

Jun 14, 2002
    Schertz, TX
    I am also a lefty who plays right handed. I've always wondered what percentage of leftys choose to play right handed.
  6. Another lefty playing righty here.

My first guitar teacher taught me to play righty simply so that I would never have trouble finding an instrument.
  7. I'm also a lefty that plays right handed. I can play left handed too, but it feels awkward, and I'm not very good.
  8. I knew this dude that was left handed but played a right handed bass left handed.. He didn't change the strings around either. He played it upside down and backwards. It kind of freaked me out. . and this dude could play like a muther-funker......Crazy Crazy!
  9. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Got mine from MF for 549 with 3 color sunburst. This is a great buy.

Don't know why I started lefty. Big mistake! Very limiting in choices. Must have been that Hendrix/McCartney thing :cool:
  10. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    Me too, lefty who playes righty. I also bat right but field left. Go figure
  11. im lefty but im playing a righty bass backwards for now.
  12. I'm also a lefty that plays bass right handed. Actually I may be kind of ambidextrous because I can use both hands to do a lot of other stuff. Never tried to play the bass lefty though.
  13. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    yeah.. seems alot of lefties play right.. myself included..

How about Righties who played left?? anyone.... anyone???
  14. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

*pin drops*

*crickets chirp*
  15. Hey embellisher, congrats on the 9,000th post!!! Yeah, it's late and I'm bored, but still, congrats. Beat JT to 10k!
  16. marc40a

Mar 20, 2002
    Boston MA
    I'm a lefty who plays lefty.
  17. I'm a lefty but I play righty, and thats the only thing I can do right handed, I sure wish I had started out playing left handed, I think I might have been a better bass player....
  18. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    come on...

some one has to be a lefty whos play righty...

19. marc40a

Mar 20, 2002
    Boston MA
    Yeah, dude.

Scroll up.

Obviously, you're going to find more lefties playing righty than vice versa.