any local SF Bay Area bass players?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JLW, Jan 9, 2018.

1. JLW

JLW

Dec 5, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Hey, I'm a longtime bass player and member of Talkbass, and I have a favor to ask some of you guys.

Would any local SF bay area bass players be willing to go through a user research interview with me? I'd basically ask you to play your bass (or guitar) for me and ask you a couple questions. I would ideally conduct the interview at your rehearsal space. The whole interview would take about 30-40 minutes.

The reason why I'm doing this is that I'm an industrial designer. I'm trying to figure out ways to improve on the instrument. I feel that it's pretty much stagnated since the 1950s. I know that a lot of this has to do with customers preferring classic designs (I can hear you all screaming "THE P BASS IS FINE AS IT IS" through your computer screens), but I'm more concerned with just coming up with a great product than actual commercial success.

In return for your time and insights, I can get you a six pack of your favorite beer or just throw you a couple bucks.

Thanks!

2. JLW

JLW

Dec 5, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    @JIO don't you live in the area? PM me if you're interested.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021