1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Any love for Quarter Pounders in here?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by frpax, Dec 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. frpax

frpax

Dec 15, 2016
    Tempe, AZ
    I have a set in my J. I love 'em!

2. wolfkeller

wolfkeller Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2013
    detroit
    I have one in my P and a PJ set on my Kramer, sound killer.

staurosjohn and Mechanical like this.
  3. Le Basseur

Le Basseur

Mar 26, 2002
    Croatia
    Another "converted-to-SDQP" here.
    Installed a pair of J's as a replacement for the rather skinny,characterless J's as found as factory-installed in a 5-string FGN Standard JB (the factory PU's had wrong dimensions - smaller (shorter as related to the bridge's string spacing....the opened pole pieces were grossly mis-aligned).The bass needed some rerouting and another pickguard.
    I choosed the passive,500k+500k vol-vol-tone route because the SDQP are hot...really hot and I wanted to sqeeze all the juice these PU's are capable of.
    Currently,this upgraded axe eats small children. ;)

staurosjohn likes this.
  4. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    You know, in France they are Seymour Duncan Royale pickups.
    Pulp-Fiction-035.

eastcoasteddie, WayneB, AGH and 60 others like this.
  5. Le Basseur

Le Basseur

Mar 26, 2002
    Croatia
    Sorry bud,I don't get your "France" and "Royale" things.Some "subtle" irony,perhaps?
    ....oh,if you meant something related to my username,it's only a nickname.I'm not French and I'm not living in France.
    Cheers,

6. with cheese......

7. I have them in my jazz too, along with a Hipshot Kickass bridge they really thunder

8. npbassman

npbassman

Apr 25, 2002
    Connecticut
    Take a deep breath. It's a reference to a classic line in the movie "Pulp Fiction" and a brilliant use of it in this thread. I'm pretty sure it's wasn't a personal attack. YouTube the term 'royale with cheese'

9. pudgychef

pudgychef Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2005
    Chongqing, China
    :D

Deak, ThudThudThud and DwaynieAD like this.
  10. SteveCS

SteveCS

Nov 19, 2014
    UK
    I have one at the bridge of my PJ and it's good. Plays well with my OBL P601

11. staurosjohn

staurosjohn Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Nottingham, Maryland
    My two main players have QP's... love 'em!!
    IMG_0200.JPG

12. ahc

ahc

Jul 31, 2009
    No. Virginia
    In the interest of international relations:

13. Le Basseur

Le Basseur

Mar 26, 2002
    Croatia
    I wasn't short-breathed at all.Even less,exposed to any kind of "personal attack" of any kind.And yes,I'm well aware about the Pulp Fiction quote.I just didn't find it soooo "brilliant" as you do .... obviously,a gap between different kinds of sense of humour. (y)

14. micguy

micguy

May 17, 2011
    Personally, I'd prefer a Whopper. Or Five Guys. And I'd prefer to eat in rather than pickup.

15. jthisdell

jthisdell

Jun 12, 2014
    Roanoke, VA
    I put a SDQP in my 71 P back in 1983 and have always loved it. At the same mod I went to a bad Ass II bridge, a brass nut and round wound strings so it was hard to say what the pickup switch did but the combination is great. Luckily I did save the original bridge and pick up.

16. Illini10

Illini10

May 15, 2012
    Elmwood, IL
    I have a SD "Royale" in my fretless Precision. No cheese.

ahc, NickRich and frpax like this.
  17. socialleper

socialleper Bringer of doom and top shelf beer Supporting Member

May 31, 2009
    Canyon Country, CA
    I have a PJ set. The P is nice but the 60 cycle hum from the jazz is annoying. My DiMarzio set was much more quiet. The tone is pretty big though.

18. Had a set in my old cort p bass. Sounded amazing but a little too in your face for what I was going for.

I have a pj set going in my project bass because the entire premise of that bass is to be obnoxious

19. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    My apologies. I was just having a little fun. I did not mean to derail your thread. It was meant to be a little hit and run joke. Please carry on.

20. GnarwhalNick

GnarwhalNick

Jan 18, 2011
    I stuck one in my Squier P-Bass a years ago and it transformed the bass in a way I didn't think possible. I'm thinking about putting a set in my Fender Jaguar but I don't think it needs it at the moment. I haven't personally heard them in a jazz bass or a P/J configured bass but I can only imagine what it sounds like

John Swartz likes this.