Any love for Quarter Pounders in here?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by frpax, Dec 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Biggbass

Biggbass

Dec 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    images. Quarter Pounder with cheese? Yes!

ShadowImage likes this.
  2. yeah I was going to post that but I'm posting from a tablet and you know I am technologically challenged to say the least.

RHFusillo likes this.
  3. depalm

depalm Gold Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Rio
    I have a QP installed on a 78 P since 1985. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but it worked really nice with a heavy ash body.

Attached Files:

4. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    Yep.
    I have them in the green Precision and the sunburst Precision in my avatar pic.

5. ROOTSnFIFTHS

ROOTSnFIFTHS Low-end Lover since '78!

Oct 25, 2012
    NJ to Sin City
    I have a set in one of my Jazz basses and it is my go-to for rock and funk for that bass-in-yer-face sound. These QPs are so 'large' sounding, when I use the compressor on my amp, it gives such a GIGANTIC percussive pop due to the pickup/compressor. I am sometimes afraid it will blow a 15". Cool effect though and only happens with the punch Quarter Pounder!

Zoobiedood and frpax like this.
  6. Audible Vibes

Audible Vibes

Dec 4, 2016
    Minot, ND
    Haha! Not gonna lie...I saw the title of this thread, and now I'm super hungry.

7. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I put a set of those in my bass and hated it compared to the OEM's and that bass has not seen the light of day for a year.
    I guess someday I will trade them off or just give them to someone as a gift just to get rid of them.

8. bassdude51

bassdude51 Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Central Ohio
    The quarter pounders are very satisfying, balanced, have great output, richer and fuller than standard, big in the mid section and an all around great buy for the money.

I've always loved the quarter pounders and they are always great when I play bass.

[​IMG]

9. frpax

frpax

Dec 15, 2016
    Tempe, AZ
    When I started the thread, I did not have hamburgers in my mind at all!
    Nevertheless, quite a few of you jokey jokesters have made me chuckle about this!

10. I just have one question. What does Marsellus Wallace look like?

frpax likes this.
  11. hondo4life

hondo4life

Feb 29, 2016
    SC
    QPs in my Hondo P bass. Plywood never sounded so good.

staurosjohn, 5StringBlues and frpax like this.
  12. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    For a hot pickup, I prefer the DiMarzio Model P because of the lack of upper mids in the QP. But it's a design that's lasted for a good while and it's excellent for those looking for more of a mid scoop than I am, so I give it respect.

frpax likes this.
  13. John Swartz

John Swartz

Apr 9, 2008
    Same for my plywood Fender Squier P-bass. Much improved tone over the stock pickup.

I also replaced the stock pickup on my Ibanez Blazer bass with a Quarter Pounder and it made a much smaller difference in tone. Still, I like tha ballsy tone.

14. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 17, 2010
    Houston Tx
    Owner/Builder @Hopkins Guitars
    I absolutely hate them in a P bass, the Jazz versions aren't too bad, but I dislike the fact that the poles do not stand proud of the flat work so they can sit flush with the pickup cover. It's an aesthetic oversight that I just can't get past.

15. SteveCS

SteveCS

Nov 19, 2014
    UK
    Mine does...

16. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 17, 2010
    Houston Tx
    Owner/Builder @Hopkins Guitars
    Are those new? I have only seen them that look like these
    [​IMG]
    BBG-889.

17. Zoobiedood

Zoobiedood Commercial User

Sep 1, 2015
    Writer/Ambassador/Artist/Resident Bass Expert for Seymour Duncan
    This is the way mine look when installed.

18. SteveCS

SteveCS

Nov 19, 2014
    UK
    I got it over a year ago but I can't say how long it had been on the shelf at the store. I guess a while because of the SD not Basslines logo?

19. I dislike them in a Jazz as they seem to kill the upper mid attack I love but I heard a few good sounding PBasses with QP's. At the end of the day I am not a fan of any kind of overwound/high output pickups, for bass or guitar.

20. Thummel

Thummel Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2007
    West Texas
    none
    Put one in a pbass and really liked it. Recorded it was fantastic, nice growl and all pbass.
    It's not a fancy pub burger, it's a working class burger, not for the puritanical.

frpax likes this.