1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any love for the Eden Time Traveler WT-405 here?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by L. L. Elwood, Jan 24, 2013.

1. L. L. Elwood

L. L. Elwood

Jan 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Hi All,

I just ordered one of these interesting unique Eden Time Traveler heads.. after quite a run of going through gear.. I recently have had the Carvin B1500, GK MBfusion, GK MB800 and Mesa Walkabout.. and they have all been sold...with the exception of the walkabout which is currently on the block. They were all powerful enough for my needs, my only concern was the tone of the amp when playing live. They all sounded reasonably different but quite good at home in the living room. However, once on stage and cranked, they all became vastly different creatures. Out of all of the heads to me the shining star (and the one i regret selling) is the Carvin B1500. That amp, while not sexy, light or even "cool", rocked them all with a tone that is like your best friend - you don't truly appreciate it until they're gone out of your life. Solid. Warm. Hefty. Always right there. Totally reliable.

For my taste: fast, articulate, warm tone with heft, a tight bottom, nice presence through the low mid range, a nice tiny bit of glass on the top if you really dig in, they ranked like this:

B1500
    MBfusion
    Walkabout
    MB800

Having said that, before returning to the carvin, which i may well do.. i have run across some scattered info on this eden amp which makes it sound... even better than the B1500..

my only experience with eden was with an eden Metro combo amp many years ago... I liked it OK, but didn't love it.

Wondering if any WT-405 users can chime in with any info, comparisons, etc..?

Thanks!

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021