1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any Luthiers in the Pac NW/West Doing Removable Neck Conversions?

Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by Troy Robey, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Troy Robey

Troy Robey

Jun 29, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Thanks!

2. bassrome

bassrome

Jan 7, 2007
    New Jersey
    Try Jim Ham in Victoria.

Jack

3. Troy Robey

Troy Robey

Jun 29, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Thanks Jack!

Anyone know of any others, perhaps in Seattle, Portland, or Spokane?

4. 1st Bass

1st Bass

May 26, 2005
    Forest Grove, OR
    I haven't done a conversion, but I intend to build a removeable neck on my next bass.

5. Troy Robey

Troy Robey

Jun 29, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Thanks Chet. I enjoyed your website. Looking forward to seeing your next bass!

6. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    You might try Pete Lampe in Portland... Don't know if he does conversions, but I've seen some pretty extensive repairs on his bench...

-robert

7. 1st Bass

1st Bass

May 26, 2005
    Forest Grove, OR
    Or you might contact Maureen Pandos in Portland. She seems pretty conservative-- I don't know whether she would try it. She's good, though....

8. Troy Robey

Troy Robey

Jun 29, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Thanks guys. I know both Pete and Maureen. I sent Maureen an email regarding this a few days ago, just waiting to hear back. I'll check with Pete too.

9. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    That's the other name I was trying to think of... I've no experience with her but have heard nothing but good things...

-robert

10. 1st Bass

1st Bass

May 26, 2005
    Forest Grove, OR
    When I completed my bass, she eliminated the wolf that Jason Schooler uncovered, and didn't charge me for her time-- just the wolf-killer doodad she sold me and installed (on the "A" afterlength, if I remember correctly.) She was friendly, but quite reserved. Pretty kind about my first build...not critical at all.