Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any manuals out there as good as ACME's?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tombowlus, Apr 5, 2005.

1. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I just finished reading the manuals that came with my Low B-1's that I picked up from macmrkt (thanks again, Matin!). All I can say, is "Wow!" I have never seen such care and attention to detail in an owner's manual. Andy calls it an "Owner's Guide", and I suppose that's more appropriate. He really speaks in a useful manner, and provides a lot of insight into how his cabs were designed, and how to get the best out of them.

Bravo, Andy!

Later, Tom.

2. bigbajo60

bigbajo60

Nov 7, 2003
    Laredo, Texas
    Have you ever read the manuals that accompany the equipment made by Mackie? At least up until the last time I purchased a Mackie item a few years ago, these booklets are written with a dry wit that makes them a pleasant read... and are chock full of useful peripheral information to boot!

Oh and +1 on Andy Lewis' Acme Guides... thorough is what I'd call 'em!

3. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Actually, I do own a Mackie Onyx 1620, and the manual is pretty good. The manuals for our Alesis ADAT XT's were pretty good, too. And then there is the manual for my Digidesign Digi 002 Pro Tools LE setup. I had to buy a 4" binder to fit it all in! :D

But for a bass cab, which is not as technically complex as a mixing board or Pro Tools system, Andy's manuals are da bomb!