Any Mercyful Fate/King Diamond fans here?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Garrett Mireles, Feb 8, 2004.

1. Any fans here? I love MF but what pisses me off is that there are no tablature books for them, I already searched google. So I'll have to tab them all by ear...which is a good thing in reality, but still...I'd rather have the book. For the longest time I also wondered what King Diamond's solo band sounded like, then I found a mp3 on the net.

That's my homepage, the song will start in a few seconds. Anybody know when they are going in the studio/on tour again? I know they're in Europe and I'm in ******* hawaii but maybe I'll fly to the mainland to see em :D

ADDED - Muahahahaha found a tab page lol
  2. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    "Nuns have no fun"

Wow, I haven't listened to Fate in forever! Now I need to dig some out.

I think "The beginning" is in order here.......Wait "Don't break the oath".....much better!
  3. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I saw King diamond back in '85-86. He opened for Megadeth. It was a rockin' sound, until thay guy started singing. I couldn't stop laughing. By the third song, I had heard enough.
  4. odie

odie Supporting Member

Even high falsetto is considered music. Out of OT I say, OUT!! :cool:

Tabs or recording or Misc??
  5. I love his voice, because it's different. Most bands today growl and try to sound like monsters, but he does the exact opposite. Sing falsetto and sound like a woman. :D

Yea this goes better in misc. The tab thing was just a thought I typed
  6. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Okey dokey.
  7. I saw KD a couple of years ago. I like falsettos... "the light is blinding my eyes"
  8. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    Yes, yes I am a fan. The first time I heard the King was when one of my friends put on "Abigail." I thought it was funny as hell but I'll be damned if it didn't grow on me. I still love getting ****-faced drunk and singing along to "Abigail" and "Them." Mercyful Fate rules too.

Tab is the enemy Garret, never forget that. Most of the songs aren't that hard to pick by ear anyway. Figuring the key is half the battle. :bassist:
  9. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I use to hate them, but then I got use to Diamond's voice. His "normal" voice is pretty bad ass. Then the high voice cracks me up.

Even fans of Mercyful Fate/King Diamond gotta admit that his voice is really funny. Humor belongs in music, so I dig 'em. Mercyful Fate more than King Diamond's solo career.
  10. yeah it use to crack me up all the time, but now I listen to it daily so I can listen to it and take it seriously. I'd rather have him singing highs vs. lows like nu-metal :spit:

Tom Araya sang highs in Slayer's early on Black Magic "laugh in sorrow, cry in LUUUUUST" lol
  11. brake

Jun 23, 2003
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    MF rocked. Alot of the basslines I write are really Mercyful Fate influenced (closely following the vox)
  12. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    I'm a huge MF/KD fan. I've seen both many times, and have probably every cd either has put out.
    Conspiracy and Dont Break the Oath would be my fav's.
  13. brake

Jun 23, 2003
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    it's all about Into the Unknown. GREAT album.
  14. I'm suprised that:

1) There are other people that listen to them other than me...I never hear about them.

2) There are this many fans HERE. I mean this is like a jazz forum practically.
  15. By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    First time I heard King Diamond was when Abigail came out, I was totally blown away. I 've listened to King Diamond and Mercyful fate ever since. I've only seen King Diamond once and that was during the Voodoo tour. It was in a small club, Totally awesome.

Here's the link to King Diamond's site for tour dates , etc. :
  16. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I have a question: My dad doesn't like him because he's aparently a for real satanist. Is he? Because my dad just assumes things sometimes.
  17. Pillgrimm13

Sep 29, 2009
    queensbury ny
    im a huge king diamond merciful fate fan have been for over 20 years, the bass playing is excellent i really wish they would put out a tab book theres alot going on in his music and it can be difficult to figure the lines by ear epsecially considering the complexity
  18. jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    I don't know, but I do know that the first time I heard King Diamond I was honestly scared. I liked other metal, was into Dio, but KD was just freaky evil sounding and it scared me when I was 18. The fear didn't stop me from making a cassette copy for myself, but I was pretty sure he was in touch with some kind of evil power and I didn't listen to it very often . . . lol!

Nowadays I don't really believe in the devil and demons etc. but I can admire music that is really scary, sort of like horror movies (but I don't like most of those). I don't want to listen to it every day, but I think it takes a lot of creativity to make music that can spark emotion like that.
  19. I really like Mercyful Fate's Melissa.
  20. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound