1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any Meters DVDs or Live Albums ?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by bassist15, Mar 25, 2006.

1. bassist15

bassist15

Mar 6, 2006
    Indiana
    does anyone know if there are and Concert DVDs of The Meters or of Herbie Hancock & the HEadHunters ? I reall love these groups and I wanted to know. Also are there any live albums of these groups. I thought i saw a HeadHunters live album but im nto sure.

2. watspan

watspan

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    There is a Funky Meters DVD which is ok and HH's Future to Future DVD features some HHHH songs, but no original members--but is still awesome! There is a CD, Flood, that is live HHHH from back in the day and is very good.

I saw a Mike Clark's Prescription Renewel tour that had Mike, Paul jackson and bill Summers from HH days (along w/ Fred Wesley and Larry Goldings) and was awesome!

Paul jackson also performs chameleon on gov't Mule's "Deepest End" DVD

3. The one Meters live album (legit release) that I know of is Uptown Rulers! - Live on the Queen Mary, on Rhino...It was recorded in '75 at McCartney's Venus & Mars party and was released in 1992.

Well worth picking up.