Any mid-prized 10-strings out there?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kevin nowhow, May 9, 2012.

1. kevin nowhow

kevin nowhow

Jan 24, 2012
    Hey guys,

Was wondering if there's anyone making them for 'cheap'.I was thinking about the Dean Edge 8 & downtune it to Bb-Ee-Aa-Dd(which are the ones i use more frequently since i play a 5-string) but i'd love to have the extra Gg since it gets used too...

2. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    10 string bass? That just boggles my mind for how wide neck would be. And where to find strings for it. Lol.

3. Zoa

Zoa

Dec 28, 2009
    Somebody needs to spend more time poking around in the arcane corners of the TB Basses forum. :D

4. The only "cheap" one I can think of,is a brand called 'Tennessee'. And,from what I've read,on here from time to time? Yeah,there cheap in terms of price. But,also there cheap in other aspects. I'm not trashin' those basses. But,that's what I've read. Check one out on eBay and decide for yourself.

5. Mikebass6

Mikebass6

Apr 25, 2007
    Seattle
    If you can track one down, the Dean Hammer 10 was really cool. Gotta be a used one out there. Had one for a while and the price was right for a unique instrument.

6. peterkidd

peterkidd

Oct 20, 2008
    Shirley, MA
    I had the Dean 10 for a few years.

Sounded good, balanced good, looked good.

Only problem I had was, even after a year, required Constant tuning.

Not just between sets, but between songs.

But maybe that was just the one I had.

7. kevin nowhow

kevin nowhow

Jan 24, 2012
    Yeah i should have noted that i'm referring to octave-stringed basses, not ERB's.That's why i included tuning names in the post as well...

8. kevin nowhow

kevin nowhow

Jan 24, 2012
    Thanx mate!Will check 'em out asap...

9. kevin nowhow

kevin nowhow

Jan 24, 2012
    Thank you all for your time!Will consider the Dean 10-strings, even though i was not after getting a second-hand instrument.

Thanx guys!

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021