1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any modern hard rock bassists that use basses with Maple Fretboards??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by twdavis13, Sep 27, 2009.

1. twdavis13

twdavis13

Dec 14, 2008
    Would a maple fretboard look good in a modern rock band setting?? I pla on getting a black and maple Stingray, so I was just wondering!!:D

2. Definately. Black with maple,and black hardware is a classic. Make sure you wear dark clothing to make that maple pop out.

EDIT: All white with black hardware looks great too.

3. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Pete Wentz.

4. First off, yes.

Second, why do you care? Do you really want to be like everyone else and only choose X feature because other people have done it before?

5. twdavis13

twdavis13

Dec 14, 2008
    I dunno, I guess I was just wondering!:)

6. Jordan I'm going to assume that was a joke.

+1 with line6man looks are hardly a deciding factor when I buy a bass. Of course I don't want to buy an ugly bass,but I don't think about if its going to fit in the band setting. Sound is my number 1 factor.

7. Sound Chaser

Sound Chaser

Mar 19, 2005
    Lockport, NY
    Well, most modern rock bands are nothing more than aesthetic anyway. After all, he asked what would look, not sound, good.

8. twdavis13

twdavis13

Dec 14, 2008
    Well, sound with a Stingray is already a given. So, looks are the next thing I'm concerned with...

9. I personally would stay away from dark colors for a stage bass. You can't see them as well, and especially black.

10. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    I play a black p , with black guard and maple neck. I play all genres of music , including more modern blink 182 stuff. I like the neck but i am bored with black so i may paint it purple.

11. KYJazzy

KYJazzy

Nov 10, 2004
    Lexington, KY
    Me.

Vintage white + tortoiseshell pg + all maple neck = best P-bass look ever? ;)

12. Relayer71

Relayer71

Jun 25, 2009
    NYC
    Go with what pleases YOUR eyes.

Personally, I love maple boards and that's the only way I'd have a black bass (and it would have to have a white pick guard).

Otherwise, not a huge fan of black.

13. Relayer71

Relayer71

Jun 25, 2009
    NYC
    Yeah, that's quite lovely :)

14. if yer jumping around and playing the rock and roll like it's in yer pants, no-one is gonna care what the heck you're playing.

those that do care are the music theory jocks or the scenesters that shouldn't factor...

having said that gloss black finishes show up the sweat smears real good under stage light.

15. fourstringburn

fourstringburn

Jun 30, 2009
    New Mexico

Attached Files:

16. Ten Four One

Ten Four One

Dec 5, 2006
    I've got one. It rocks. That Stingray sound with just a touch more "snap" from the maple neck. But yeah what the other guys said - depending on the club lighting, it may disappear into the background (especially if you're wearing black).