Any more live Hedges cds?

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by bassmonkeee, May 30, 2003.

1. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Hey, Michael,

I was just listening to the version of "Free Swinging Soul" on Michale Hedges' Torched, and I was wondering if there was any chance of any live Michael Hedges discs coming out from the tours you two played together. I'd love something with the versions of "Jabberwocky" and "Love Bizarre/Age of Aquarius," etc that I saw when you played together at the Variety Playhouse in Atlanta. I've found a couple of things online as boots (I've gone and contributed some money for his kids when I've found stuff online, btw), but I'd really rather have something official, obviously.

I'm sure it exists--but will Windham Hill ever release any of it? Do you have a contact name/number for me to pester incessantly until they do? :bassist:
  2. Just last night I listened to my Aerial Boundaries CD and Taproot today because I have been missing Michael Hedges lately. Only a handful of musicians have affected me as he has.

I love Mr. Manring's music as well. I too would LOVE to have some live Hedges/Manring work.

Thanks for the great music fellas, regardless.

Tom H.
  3. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks so much for remembering Hedges, guys. He was an amazing musician and a very close friend. I'm sorry to say I don't have any info on possible releases of live recordings. You can contact Michael's manager Hilleary Burgess ( for the latest news if you like, although I wouldn't say he's someone to "pester" as he's on our side!

Thanks so much for contributing to Michael's kids.