Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any Mr. Bean Fans

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Feb 9, 2004.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I have recently found it back on TV a few nights week and allways get a few laughs out of it any one else like the show.

2. Mr Bean is one of the greatest comedies of all time. I never get tired of his antics.

3. The most memorable episode i saw was when he attempted to cook turkey dinner, and the time he stuck a big firecracker into a can of paint to repaint his den.

most amusing :D

On a side note: not too long ago i saw a Mr. Bean Cartoon! Has anyone else seen this?

4. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    I LOVE Mr. Bean!!! :D :hyper: The same weekend a friend of mine got the whole series on DVD, one of the Chicagoland PBS stations ran an all-night marathon...stayed up until 3:30 AM watching until I fell asleep! :smug: I caught the famous Christmas episode (see above) where Mr. Bean cooks the turkey, the New Year's Eve episode, and the one where he goes to some exhibition fair, gets his pants stolen, yanks them back from a guy in a bathroom stall, turn a kid blue in a chemistry experiment, and then his mini gets run over by a tank at the end!!! Who-ha. :p

I've only seen it a couple of times, but the new animated episodes, while not nearly as good as the originals, are still pretty decent.

5. Jimbo

Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    mr. bean rocks! i've been watching it for a long time. a good friend of mine a few years ago had some book about him. i think it was something along the lines of "The Diary of Mr. Bean". It was pretty much a comedy journal each page was full of laughs.

as for my favorite moment, it was the one where he was late for an appointment and got in the car and shaved, brushed his teeth, and got dressed while driving and using a brick for the accelerator, quality!

-jimbo

6. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    Anybody see Rowan Atkinson's live performance? Hilarious!
    His stuff on Black Adder was good...sometimes. The WWII ones were excellent.

7. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    My favorite trio of episodes is the one where he's taking the test, the one where he's in church and the one where he's in the department store (I think those are the three that they show all together usually that I always found the funniest).

brad cook

8. I love Mr Bean...one of the best comedies...although the cartoon and the movie arent great

9. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    My favorite episode is the one where he's in the laundromat. I like how he switches that guy's coffee with bleech. :D

10. MAJOR METAL

I was supried to here their are only 14 episodes, they offerd them vhs for $49.95 after an episode. I really find it amussing when he goes to the dentist and accedintly stics the doc with novicane and fills his own teeth, only if was that easy. .

11. I haven't seen Mr. Bean in so long, but I definitely have a soft spot for British humor.

Any of you guys Red Dwarf fans? Heard they are either making a movie or new episodes, forget which.

12. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I used to watch Mr. Bean all the time when I was little. We had a couple VHS sets of his. Funny stuff, I tried to come back to it later on(like a couple years ago) but it didn't have the same appeal, I dunno. I do think that Rowan Atinkson is a great comedian though.

I also used to love Red Dwarf when I was little, but again, I came back to it later and it was like 'hmm...not quite as funny as I remember it'

13. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    that guy trips me out. good stuff!

14. MAJOR METAL

Anyone see the Mr. Bean movie?

15. Yeah i have....i didnt really like it that much...there was a few funny moments but it wasnt the same

16. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Wasn't there a thread on Mr. Bean a while back? Don't get me wrong, I dig 'em, but...

17. Yeah...this is the same thread....been bought back to life

18. When I understand British humor, I really like it. :p

Since Mr. Bean does very little talking (if at all), I can understand him, so I like him a lot!

19. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I can't believe nobody here has commented about the time he gets given the Salvation Army band and discovers the 'magical' powers of the conductors baton. They start out doing, like 'Good King Wenceslaus' or something like that. He figures out he can influence them so he makes them jazz it up. :cool: :cool: :cool:

20. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Oh, yeah, that was hilarious... I like when he turns his hand like a volume knob, and the band gets really loud. It's on a lot up here in Canada. :)