1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any music majors?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by AB53211, Aug 7, 2007.

1. AB53211

AB53211

Apr 15, 2004
    Milwaukee,WI
    Are you guys happy that you chose to major in music? or do you wish you would have majored in a different career? What is your current job?

EVERYONE is trying to get me to major in music, but I kinda would like to have a backup career. I'm very confident that I could become a successful Nashville musician, but you never know. I defiantly already have the connections to get me somewhat ahead of the game.

2. owensea777

owensea777 Banned

Jun 16, 2007
    Everyone I know that knows people who major in music, the people that major in music say it's the sh!t. I don't know about the career afterwards, seems like it would be pretty tight, but the school part is great from waht I've heard.
    The guys who weren't good enough to make into the School of Music are pissed and many really screwed up their first years.

3. rfclef

rfclef

Jan 19, 2007
    Woodburn, Oregon
    I was a music major. I am now entering my 13th year of teaching music of various public school incarnations, currently K-12 general music and Band... There have been times and years that have made me wonder if UPS would be a good career... (No offense to any Brown employees). But there are also times when I know this is where I ought to be. My last several years have been great. Not every person is cut out for it... One tuba player I know was there for several years before I got there, and was still there when I left (Maybe he still is?), but then, he was a stooge. Anyhow, I was and and am happy. Maybe Teaching could be the backup to your music career?

4. AdlerAugen

AdlerAugen

Aug 9, 2006
    Yo! I start classes in a week and a half, and it'll be awesome! I'll finally have in-depth classes on music and like yes! but I gotta register for a few classes tomorrow, and I intend on finishing registering on or about the 14th because I gotta take a placement test then.