Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any Musicians From the Atlanta Metro Area?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by hindsight, Nov 13, 2002.

1. Im looking to get in touch with some other bass players and bands in the Atlanta metro Area (Preferably Gwinnett County). Id like to meet some of the local talent and get more aquanted with the scene as i plan to launch a new band into it sometime within the next six months. If anyone wants to contact me personally just send me a private message opr email me at sk8mac69@yahoo.com.

Thanks All

2. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    oh there are lots o' bassists in your area. a lot of them post on here quite frequently...you're in the middle of an assa talent. don't let them intimidate you....they're all great guys. and oh yeah, jt's mullet doesn't bite...i don't think :D

3. I live in Gwinnett county. I know at least one other member who lives in this area too. If nothing else, you ought to come to the next get together. We have them about once a quarter. I think there are around 25 of us in the Atlanta Metro area.

Lisa

4. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    If I had seen this yesterday, I would have mentioned my gig last night in Decatur.

I'm in L5P, and Dave Siff lives nearby, too. Granted, he's in Italy right now, but they'll be kicking him out soon, I'm sure....

5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey, yeah, we have a bunch of greater-atlantans around here. welcome :)

6. bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Hey, JT-- We need to hook up soon and futz with my new V-Bass. :D

Perhaps a TalkBass dinner is in order before the holidays get everyone too busy to see straight for the rest of the year.

7. JohnL

JohnL

Sep 20, 2000
    Grayson, GA
    Sorry, just saw the post! Welcome to the area. I'm over in Grayson. (go south from Buford until you smell it, then left until you step in it) Hope to see you at the next get-together!

8. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i concur. when's siffy getting back?

9. Lawrenceville here. Welcome to TB!

10. What are some good places that you have played or heard of in the area. Let Me Know

Later

11. I guess that I'm the sole rep for Centerville here. And don't let the hyper here get to ya - these guys are just a bunch of untalented ham-n-eggers!

No wait!, That's ME (untalented, ham-n-egger). The rest of the guys (and girls) all have actual gigs.

12. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN

don't you forget about us nashvillians!

13. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    how's about the first weekend of december (1 week after thanksgiving) we have an atlanta bassists get together for a pre-christmas dinner. there's a really great brazillian steakhouse up roswell road, like fogo de chiao, but 1/2 the price, called carro de boi. all you can scarf meats of all kinds for ~$20 a plate.

14. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    fridays better than saturday for me!

15. bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Me, too. EarthLink's Holiday party is on the 7th, so it'd have to be Friday for me, too. Of course, I'll have to run it past the lady before I can commit to anything.

16. either is good for me. I'm sorry I missed the last get-together!

hindsight, to answer your question, depends on what you want to see. My favorite places regardless of musical genre are: Variety Playhouse (I can walk), Fox Theatre, Spivey Hall, Churchill Grounds, Smith's Olde Bar, Tabernacle. I have not played any of those except Smiths, and the VP, but all are good to go check out a show.

check the creative loafing I think it's
    http://atlanta.creativeloafing.com

17. A week from Friday sounds fine to me.. gotta check with the wife.
    Hindsight, welcome to talkbass, glad to see another Atlanta-area guy on the board. Look forward to meeting you at the next shindig.

18. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    cool, next friday night it is, then (december 6). does that restaurant sound good - we can try anywhere, really, but barbara and i went there last week and were pretty blown away.

19. muggsy

muggsy Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    I'd love to join you guys for dinner but I'm gonna be out of town that weekend. You should talk about scheduling another Atlanta bass-fest for early next year. Have fun.

20. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    if this is still on i need to know... hey JT up for hangin friday afternoon? i will be bringin a new recruit and i will be having to drive down then right back so let me know.