1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any New Matthew Garrison Recordings Coming Out Soon?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Bryan R. Tyler, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I know he's been touring a lot, but there's only been one or two albums that have come out over the past few years with his playing on them.

2. Have you heard this one?

[​IMG]

It's pretty amazing! Matt is on fine form and Jeff Sipe is brilliant as always (he is one of my favourite drummers). Perhaps the big surprise is Machacek, who is still a relatively unknown talent. He his that angular, slippery legato thing that Holdsworth really made his own in the 80's going on, and he provides some really fresh ideas as a counterpart to Matt.

It's very modern fusion but if you like your music off the cuff and without a safety net you'll really enjoy this!

3. I've heard there's an Improvision II in the works. Who knows.

I also know Matt's in the process of making/writing a new album.

Speaking of waiting, I've been waiting on his Music Center forever...

Andrew

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Bought it the week it came out. That's one of the two albums that have come out the past few years. I dig it a lot.

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath on that one anymore :D Even when it does come out, I'm a bit leery to subscribe to it because he may be too busy to update it much.