1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any news on the new Acoustics?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Waspinators, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Waspinators

Waspinators

Jul 22, 2007
    South Florida
    So as most of you know, the new Acoustic head (B600H) and cab (B810) are on the website, but anyone know when these are hitting stores? And has anyone somehow had a chance to see/try one in person? I was gonna save for a B200H and B410/B115 stack, but now I might just go for this big bastard.

P.S. I did search, and didn't find an answer.

2. Waspinators

Waspinators

Jul 22, 2007
    South Florida
    Ohh... my bad. Thanks! :)

3. BASSKADET

BASSKADET Gold Supporting Member

May 17, 2007
    NC
    I don't know how the new ones are but I owned a mid 80's B320 and it sounded light on the watts. And that's with their 215 cab.

4. thesteve

thesteve

May 28, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    The B320 was made after the original Acoustic Control Corp had been purchased by the Wagner Music Group. I have heard mixed reviews of that particular generation of Acoustic products.

5. T-Forty

T-Forty Guest

Mar 14, 2008
    $599 is ridiculously low for an 8x10. What gives?

6. thesteve

thesteve

May 28, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    Made in China and not charging you a premium for the brand name.

7. T-Forty

T-Forty Guest

Mar 14, 2008
    Is that really it? Are the cabs as well made and durable as other brands? Also what kind of speakers do they have in it and how do they compare to others? Is it really a good deal or have there been corners cut?

8. Bassmore

Bassmore Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2007
    Virginia
    T-Forty (or anyone for that matter),

Might I recommend you going to your local GC and running a B200H head with B410 and B115 cabs through the paces (you can mute the tweets with a button on the back of the cabs if you wish...or not). Play around with the 6 band EQ a bit, well worth it. Base any opinion on that. Or perhaps try the head with two B115's, that can be fun too. It was certainly all it took for me. If they did "cut corners" it may have been in marketing dollars or something (these things sell themselves) because any such cut corners certainly cannot be heard or better yet, felt. New, they come with a 3 year warranty backed by Acoustic Amplification/Guitar Center so there's something. But always trust what you hear and feel, I seriously doubt you will be disappointed after meeting the new Acoustic rigs in person. I always describe my first encounter as a "powerful tonal 70's flashback" and put my money down the very next day! Now, admittedly I haven't taken a 10 lb. sledge to the side of the cabs and A/B'd that versus some of the competition. Hey, that sounds kinda fun...hmmmm, :D so I can't really attest to extreme road worthiness but other than that it's all good from here.:D:D
    The B600H and B810's are supposed to hit GC stores around Halloween:eek:

Play On!:bassist:

Bassmore

9. Bassmore

Nov 2, 2007
    Virginia
    PS

FYI You may also want to check out the "The Acoustic Club" or "Acoustic USA News" threads here on TB or wonder over to unofficialacousticcontrolcorp.com message board forum. There quite a bit of info floating around.

Bassmore

10. T-Forty

T-Forty Guest

Mar 14, 2008
    If I had a GC closer than 3 hours away I would.

So, what speakers are used in these amps?

11. Bassmore

Nov 2, 2007
    Virginia
    T-Forty,

I'm sorry, I didn't notice your location until just now. Honestly, I have no idea whose speakers they might be using. I could only specualte like anyone else. They do sound good to me although I realize that's not quite the answer your looking for.
    Who knows, perhaps some other poster has already ripped theirs apart out of curiosity and can answer that or provide some clue.:D

Bassmore

12. I played the b200 through the 4x10 at GC today... very impressive for the price, liked the smooth looks.

It's nothing incredibly special, might look into it as a budget rig after the b600 comes to stores and I manage to sell my current rig (crossing fingers)

the b600 and an 8x10 would look really nice together...