Any Nordstrand Owners in the Pacific N.W.?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jim T., Apr 4, 2004.

1. I live in the Seattle area and was hoping to try a Nordstrand. I've ordered a bass from Carey going only by the massive thread here and his excellent gallery photos...

I would really like to try out the neck feel on a 5 or six string in the Seattle, Bellingham, Portland, OR area(s) if I can find one.
    Anybody just recently buy one used or drop one off at Bass N.W.?

I'd like to experience his asymetrical neck to get a feel for how wide I'd like my six's to be. Mine'll be a short scale so it'll be different from others anyway, but playing on one would be helpful, anyway. I'd also like to hear Carey's double coils in person to compare them with my Fodera's Seymour Duncan double coils with the Pope pre... and see if I can get the same or similar sound...

Thanks! Jim
  2. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    So Jim are you selling that sweet Fodera 6string? ;)
  3. Hi Dan! Good to hear from you.
    Nah, that's a lifetime instrument for me-so far! ;) Of course if I ever get an offer from Japan that I couldn't refuse-who knows.

Who knows though, if I'm supremely happy with my short scale six from Carey and want to do a short fretless later, with him, anything is possible as I'm not a rich man (even remotely :bawl:) If you've played a Nordstrand let me know your impressions would you?

Let me know via PM sometime how things're going with you and yours and moves to Austin and...and..and...

4. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Sounds like a significant female other might have taken you out shopping one too many times.
  5. Oops, yep yer right Jared! Edited that! :rolleyes: