1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any of our NY TB bros ride the 6 train?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by hover, Nov 8, 2010.

1. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
  2. need4mospd

need4mospd

Dec 22, 2005
    Houston
    LMAO @ one of the comments:

"I'd rather view it online as that doesn't require me to go to New York."

3. Hoover

Hoover Banned

Nov 2, 2007
    New York City
    Not on purpose...but I once fell asleep on the train, woke up after they'd shut the doors after the last stop, and got to see a different turnaround. 5:30AM in some remote corner of Brooklyn locked in a slow moving train with all its lights out is the last place someone wants to willingly be! Hopefully this City Hall Station is a bit less remote.

4. Rush-2112

Rush-2112

Dec 14, 2008
    New York City
    Yeah I remember doing this a while back...a friend of mine knew about it and showed me. Way cool...nice little underground gem.

Here's a video I found of it, this is pretty much what you see:

5. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    You new yorkers are stange.

it's a subway station. drunk people piss there.

6. Hoover

Hoover Banned

Nov 2, 2007
    New York City
    Some of us New Yorkers have a peculiar fondness for a lot of other places where drunk people piss too. Different strokes for different folks, y'know...

7. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

I should think you have to be careful not to get stuck there, like Neo in the Matrix Trilogy!! :p

8. Livewire

Livewire Yahtzeeee

Nov 13, 2007
    Brooklyn, NY
    and a 23 year old who's obsessed with Justin Bieber is not any stranger

:rolleyes:

9. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    I prepared Mark's avatar with love and care, mind you.

10. Fixed it for you.

11. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Obviously I don't get it not being from New York.
    I don't think i'm missing out on too much though ;)

12. I don't take that subway line unfortunately.. maybe I could make a detour to check it out at some point.

13. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

I have been on the Moscow underground and that is definitely on the list of "must-sees" for tourists - truly spectacular!

14. Youngspanion

Youngspanion Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2003
    Staten Island, NY
    I haven't taken the 6 train in years. No need to. But I used to.

The 4&5 run on the same track as an express train and the first stop in Manhattan is "Bowling Green". So I used to take the ferry over from Staten Island, walk up to "Bowling Green" and hop on the 4 or 5 up town to a stop and transfer to the 6. The best part of the train was its seemingly uncontrollable speed. The Train would take off out of the station slowly but suddenly it'd be like we were in a movie or something about a runaway train through the tunnels. And It was packed. Packed I tell you with people. I never seen anything like it. Day after Day after Day. Loaded with all sorts of people of all sorts of colors too. Very diverse this New York City. If your a closed minded person, your gonna hate this city.

Fell asleep (albeit a drunken sleep) on the No. 1 train and I woke up in Washington Heights one night right in the middle of the riots during the early '90s. I had to get off that stop and cross over to the other side to catch the train back down. Fell asleep again and woke up in Van Cortland Park. Oh man, another trip down. I fought so hard to stay away. Came this close to falling asleep on the Ferry over to Staten Island but luckily I made it to the other side awake.

Sorry derail the OP topic a little bit.