1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any of y'all ever do any bull.....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tama, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Tama

Tama

Nov 19, 2008
    Bugtussle
    riding?

Go the whole 8 seconds?

About 8 or 10 years ago I had the opportunity at a friends bull riding ring.
    The first ride I got thrown off quickly. The second ride was my last. I held on about 4 seconds and was shucked off...cracking my wrist & a couple ribs.

If you never rode a bull, you cant imagine the awesome power of the beast. I'm 180 lbs. and it seemed he didn't have trouble shaking me like a rag doll...LOL

It was fun, but I wont do it again.
    Cheers, Dave

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    That's awesome. I'm not sure if I'd try it or not.

bc

3. I darn sure know I wouldn't!

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I rode the mechanical bull at the Brandin' Iron in San Bernardino for the full eight seconds. Does that count?

-Mike

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yes it does...much like playing Call of Duty on the computer counts as me having fought in WWII. :p

bc

6. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    You grab a hold real tight, and say "your sister likes it like this as well"...

7. This is what we call *rodeo style*

8. If you're a chick........

Yes, I rode when I was younger. That is the origin of my avatar and sig. The list of injuries is extensive. Ribs, teeth, shoulder, etc.... I saw a bunch of my buddies get hurt badly. I saw a couple of guys with broken backs that ended in paralysis.

It is the most intense physical endeavor you could ever be involved in. Nothing can prepare you for what is about to happen. I started riding calves when I was 5-6 years old. So in a way, I was able to ease into it. I don't know how somebody musters the courage to do it for the first time as an adult. It's quite terrifying. These things are so powerful; when you sit down on them, they friggin vibrate, they are SO ready to get it on. And so many of them are SO mean. They will kill you dead just because you are in front of them. I watched them bloody their heads banging them into pipe fences just trying to get at somebody.

They are so athletic, too. They can jump so high, turn so hard, check this out:

[​IMG]

Now, if the rider were still on this bull, he would be leaned as far back as possible. As his arm reaches full extension, he begins to be pulled forward. Just as the bull, and his extremely hard head and his horns are on the way back up. Very often they bang heads...... I don't have to tell you who wins that little war.

It is a really cool sport, filled with some of the bravest, most genuine guys you would ever meet.

9. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Really? I just grab on tight to the horns...

No cowboy gear involved.

10. mpm32

mpm32

Jan 23, 2009

What's the rope around the bulls - I guess it would be his waist? I always see a handler pulling it tight when the gate is opened.

11. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I rode a mechanical bull once. It was on a easy setting and after realizing that I wasn't getting thrown, the the guy running the show came over and told me to get off of it and let some of the chicks have a turn. Then while watching the chicks bounce and gyrate on this thing while drinking my beer, I suddenly understood the meaning to universe, why the powers that be are in the places they are, and I suddenly harmonized with everything around me.

12. jwbassman

jwbassman Supporting Member

Aug 9, 2006
    The zen of the mechanical bull as told by Maki...:D

I would not ride a real Bull, that's fo' damn sho'

13. It's called a flank strap. It is pulled tight across the flank of the bull. Contrary to what you may hear from animal rights groups, it's not wrapped around the bull's balls. When it's pulled tight a bull will buck to try and kick it off.

I don't really see a need for them anymore. The bucking bulls you see today are 10, 15, 20 generation bucking bulls. It is literally bred into them. They are then trained in how it's done. They learn how to behave (kinda!) in the chutes and how to go ape-**** when it opens..........

14. Tama

Tama

Nov 19, 2008
    Bugtussle
    I had a new respect for wild animals about...oh..2 SECONDS into the first ride...LOL

Dave