any of ya'll from the vinyl era very familiar with shorter's native dancer?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by narud, Nov 12, 2004.

1. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    i read online somewhere that in the cd version of this album there were instruments missing in the mix compared to the original vinyl release. i have both and before reading this i never really noticed anything. now after i still dont :D am i missing something here. does anyone else here have both versions. im i being anal? will anyone other than jimk possibly look at this thread? :confused:
  2. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    I've heard this recording on both the original vinyl and on CD. They sounded the same to me, but it's likely that they both were sourced from the same master. Admittedly, this was a few years apart, as I had heard the vinyl record for the first time around 1990 and the CD much later.

I had a college professor who was into the Flora/Airto/Milton Nascimento sound back in the mid-seventies who took delight in alternate takes and unusual recording/production circumstances who never made mention of this record.

Not much help I know, but at least you're aware that there's one warm body in here :bassist:
  3. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    :D thanks.