any of you ever have problems w\ a Planet Wave cable?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by FiveStringsNme, Aug 23, 2003.

1. any of you ever have problems w\ a Planet Wave cable?

this is the seconds one I've had that doesn't give me clean signals at all, sometimes they don't even work for me....but of the ones that work fine, I love 'em....just 2 in a row that are faulty bothers me.
  2. I have had mine for about 2 months, with no problems so far. I have a Horizon cable with the large Neutrik 1/4" ends that has gone out twice though.

3. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    For some reason, they seem to not like barrel style jacks on basses. Standard ones work fine.
  4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I have been using planet waves for about 5 months, never had one problem.
  5. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

I bought one once. It lasted 3 months and died on me.
    My usual Schaller cables cost about the same and last me 3 years.
  6. yea.,.......I'm pretty disappointed with mine.....I'm gonna bring it to them since they are 1 town from me.and replace it once more....if it dies again(3 strikes and you know) I'm gonna give up.....apparently it's not worth all this effort for a clear clean signal. I usually get these Quantum cables that cost a lot loess and none of them have failed me!
  7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I had one that got stolen. Worked fine with all of my cheap basses. Didn't work worth a crap in my Zon, Cirrus or Pedulla. It crackled like there was a short in the jack. It was the one thing that I have had stolen that I don't miss!:spit:
  8. Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    I've had mine for over a year and it works great.
  9. I'm interested in trying a Planet Waves cable. I currently use Monster 500's and they work fine for me, but are so stiff. Can anyone tell me if the Planet waves are more flexible than the Monsters? Also, I understand that the Planet Waves have given grief with certain basses and certain jacks. I play an Ibanez BTB405. Anyone know of any issues with Planet Waves cables connected to BTB's? Again, the only complaint I have with the Monster 500's is the stiffness. Tonally, the Monsters have been great.
  10. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    I had two crap out on me!!! IMHO they are just another overpriced gimmick instrument cable!!!
  11. Jerry, you are SO right....I'm going to the D'Addario company ASAP and getting it is only the town next to mine, so it is no big deal, it is them that loses money when I get it definitely is an overpriced gimmick and the I've heard that the jacks can damage your input jack
  12. Jerry,

Were you referring to the Planet Waves or the Monsters? Or both brands?
    I've had cheap, promotional cables fail on me, so am wanting to use a quality product. However, I don't care to pay for quality price and get just "gimmick" junk. The Monsters haven't been junk for me, they are just so cumbersome.
  13. BassJaro

Jul 30, 2003
    i never had anything to do with monster cables but PlanetWaves are very stiff ones. they definitely don't like being twisted. other than that, they work great for me. You should check out Klotz cables, they sound fine, and are very flexible and thinner than Planets