Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any of you have daughters...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Apr 2, 2003.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Between the ages of 14 and 16?

I lack all things resembling chick skillz.

I have lots of girls friends, and girls always come to me for advice about their pr!%k boy friends.... But they always turn me down.

Does this mean that when I am out of college, and all this girls have realized that those guys were jerks and will finally give the nice guys such as myself an actual chance?

Grr.

Women are dumb.

Advice? Or something?

2. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

:rolleyes:

3. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    No, women like bad boys.

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Dude....Just be yourself, be confidant, and don't be afraid of rejection, there are billions of people in the world, if you are turned down by every girl you meet for the next two years the odds are still staggeringly in your favor.

It's not hard to get girls to like you, If it was, then why would they like all the "pricks" ?

Most teenage girls are just as desperate to get a boyfriend as you are to get a girlfriend, that's like what teenagers do.

5. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    I have no confidence.

That is why I my bass teacher(s) say I am their best student ever.

Bass is an excuse for me to stay in my room and stuff.

6. Two of my three daughters are 15 and 16, and my advice to you is STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!! :D

I would add that an attitude of self-confidence and self-esteem will likely say more about you (in a positive way) to the fairer sex than any words that come tripping out of your mouth. ;)

7. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Well you are not going to get the ladies if you only sit around and play bass. Neither will having no confidence. So, there is no advice or easy steps to success that I or anyone can give you, the problem is in you, if getting the girls is what you want, then you are going to have to go out there and do it. Don't just hide behind excuses for why you don't need to go out there and do it, and don't listen to your bass teacher, confidence is one of the most important things to being a musician, honestly, would you pay to see a couple of guys on stage with their palms sweaty and their playing hindered because they are so nervous?

If you are soloing with confidence it doesn't matter what notes you hit, if you hit them with confidence and purpose, then the crowd will dig it.

8. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    I kinda put people off with my accidental intelligence.

I'm one of those people that just seems to know everything. Like, they ask me a question, and I either know the answer, or can be very close to it.

That sorta pushes people away...

I need to get dumb, bleach my hair, and wear abercrombie. I would have it going then.

9. Well, I whole-heartedly agree with WR. I've found the thing that chicks dig the most is confidence. No one wants someone who is down about who they are and what they have etc. Easier said than done, I understand that but you've gotta pick yourself up and realise this. Be who you are and be happy with yourself and the girls will come.

Looking 'dumb' isn't necessarily stupid either. Without trying to sound overly confident :)D), I do well at academically, while looking like a stoned-surfer and I'm happy with my chick-status. Does it matter that I'm more of a geek than a surfer? Hell no - its not the actual 'surfer' (or whatever the popular image is from where you're from) that the girls want - its purely the confidence, the happiness and the capability to have fun.

Don't listen to anyone who says that you are who you are and you can't change. If you want to be something badly enough, you can be it. Even if you change who you are, you're still be the same person - just with more confidence, self esteem and happiness. Best of luck,

[k]

10. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    The CS steps to lurve

1 be yourself
    2 be kind
    3 the stunning ones have no personality
    4 don't ask for advice on these matters on a bass guitar BBS

11. I love how you have already thrown away college as girls acting the same there, too!

(You're so very right though. You'll see once you go to a frat party :)

12. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    That's not going to get you chicks. If you are going around thinking that you are hot ****, and all witty and intelligent, then you are not going to get the girls.

the best advice given so far is:

don't ask for advice on these matters on a bass guitar BBS

13. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    Are you ugly ? Because that may be the reason.

:D

14. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    LOL.

Best
    Advice
    Ever

15. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I once read a great line about this very problem.

This is from a funny (but true) article called "why women don't love nice guys".

http://www.zyn.de/nette_kerle?ticket=&page=full

Once you enter the "pal stage", forget it [the dating].

Interesting fact: The article was written by a woman, based on the suggestions of a male friend of hers.

16. Mike, I think the solution to your problems is to initiate physical contact first.

Grab those pert teenage breasts--but gently, now! Don't be afraid to smack a few butts or put your hand down some panties, either. The ones who slap you or file those retarded "sexual harassment complaints" just aren't in touch with their sensual side.

And remember, girls always want you to be forthright, especially about your sexual wants and needs. If you're in the mood to get your knob waxed, tell every girl you see! Chances are, one of them might just do it for you!

(We really need to have the devil smiley in the forums.)

17. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Hahaha!

No, *this* is the best. Advice. Ever.

18. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    You're really the baddest mormon alive, Pete! :D

19. - Advice? Don't forget to take your meds daily.
    - You say you are a nice guy, just like you say you are a good bass player and that you play with "inferior musicians" and that you have scary intelligence. You are quite the catch - or so you say... Have more people confirmed your observations?
    - do you really think you will get a lot of sympathy on a bass board?
    - if the chick thing is a little slow, you could always go back to sharpening your cutlery and hating your friends....
    - the one good thing you have going for you is the "women are dumb" attitude....work that angle and hire a doorman....they will be lined up 'round the block to get a piece of you....

:D :D :D

20. odie

odie Supporting Member

My daughter?? Not a chance. You'll have to get past the mindfield, constantein(sp?)wire, the attacks dogs, sniper towers, the traps, and last but not least me.:eek: :rolleyes: