1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Any of you hear of woodcrafters12@yahoo.com?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by tjclem, Aug 27, 2012.

1. tjclem

tjclem Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    Owner and builder Clementbass
    I think I may have been scammed..... :scowl:

2. tjclem

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    This is the address.....according to paypal

Woodcrafters
    600 S. Wooster Ave.
    Strasburg, OH 44680
    United States

8-3-12 I paid for 3 Swamp Ash body blanks. Several days later they sent me UPS tracking information. The tracking info still shows that it hasn't been shipped. I am going to try and fight for my $ back through paypal I just want to prevent anybody else from falling for the scam.

3. tjclem

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    Mods very sorry I ment to post this in the Luthiers forum. Can you move it?

4. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 17, 2010
    Houston Tx
    Owner/Builder @Hopkins Guitars
    I'm sorry you got scammed, but I appreciate you passing the word along. Good luck, PayPal should get you refunded.

5. Arnie

Arnie

May 14, 2005
    Kingston, NY
  6. A business with a yahoo email does sound sketchy ... sorry for your troubles

7. tjclem

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    Thanks all I guess we will see what happens....t

8. I think I have dealt with these people before... do they seen colorful emails with wood specials? If so... once you file a claim with paypal... then you will hear from them....

9. tjclem

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    Yes that is them. I thought I had bought from them before so I didn't hesitate. I filed with paypal and nothing yet......

Did you get your $ back? Or what happened?

10. ...they sent me my wood...:hyper: I want to say it took like three weeks....they use to have a ebay store.. they close it down and would send email blasts out.. I've brought from them in the pass but the 2nd time around was a headache .. but they did send me my wood..

11. tjclem

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    OK thanks. I hope I get some response from them.....

12. BogeyBass

BogeyBass

Sep 14, 2010
    And just like any small business and even some large business. They have to actually create the product and dont have shelfs full of pre made stock.

So with a custom order expect 1 to 2weeks for you order to be completed and then depending on business location and your location. Expect 5 to 7 days for shipping.

So 3 weeks is yes long time, but dont de value small business because you cant read the small print, or its unfortunate that they might have not included the detail that it might be 2 weeks before your order is actually shipped.

13. tjclem

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    They have been way too long and lame excuses. They created the tracking # on the 10th. There is no excuse...:rollno:

14. Musiclogic

Musiclogic Commercial User

Aug 6, 2005
    Southwest Michigan
    Owner/Builder: HJC Customs USA, The Cool Lute, C G O
    Exactly Tom, way too long. You don't advertise something for sale on Ebay or any site if you do not have the stock or have no intent to ship. It takes no time to explain in mail form if there will be a delay. No contact means there is something fishy.

Edited to correct what autocorrect screwed up....LMAO

15. tjclem

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    Interesting I guess they woke up. The tracking info now shows that the item was shipped today........ :rollno:

16. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    I don't think you read the post correctly, which is mildly ironic since you criticize the OP for not reading the small print. A tracking number was generated, meaning that the package should have been ready to ship.