Any one else desperate for a band?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by wakizashi, Dec 11, 2003.

1. wakizashi

Dec 5, 2003
    I can't be the only one in this situation can I?

I live in a small town and there are musicians but I don't know any.I mean I know them but they already have somthing going on.I have one friend who wants to start one but he doesn't play an instrument and wants to sing. That's fine with me but he can't find anyone interested and he knows more people and is very picky about his music. He isn't doing anything to help so I might have to put out ads and start one by myself.

Anyone else in the same situation. I've played to the radio to long and have to play with other people or I'll go insane!!!:help:

P.S. If you live in Louisiana say something.
  2. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    I wouldn't say I was desperate for a band, but jamming with a band again would be cool.

I have friends in other bands, so they already have something going for themselves. We still get together and work on some solo things I have going on for myself, but it's nothing permanent. And that's cool with me too. If you can't find the right people to jam with, look at music stores for ads other musicians have posted, maybe you'll get lucky!?

Don't give up, keep trying you'll find people sooner or later.

Good luck! :)
  3. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Hello - welcome to talkbass.

You might get more replies to this topic if it were posted in the Band Management and Performance forum. (Off Topic is usually for things not at all music related - Misc. is for anything music related but not necesarily Bass related or just doesn't fit anywhere else)

-Anyway, welcome and good luck with finding a gig.

4. wakizashi

Dec 5, 2003
    Alright man. Thanks.:bassist: