Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any one else got one of these?

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Doug Ring, Jul 20, 2004.

1. Hi folks, I bought my first double bass about 3 months ago and we're getting along fine together, but I haven't been able to get much information about it and wondered if anyone here had come across one or even owns one so that we could compare notes.

It's a 3/4 gamba shape, fully carved. The top is spruce and the two-piece back and the sides are maple. I was told by the shop where I bought it that it's Chinese-made and that the importer hand-picks them from the factory. The label inside says "The Westbury" and there's a logo for a UK firm called The Sound Post. When you look them up on the web they turn out to be wholesalers based here in the UK and they don't have much information about the bass on the site.

It plays very well and the experienced jazz player who helped me out while I was looking to buy said if he needed another instrument he would be tempted at the price. Have any of you here had experience of this make?