Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

any one have a srt-4 neon?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by steve-o, Nov 7, 2003.

1. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    just seein...

steve

2. is that the new super fast suped up thingy of a neon? if so, i know a kid that just got one, looks neat. (btw, i know little to nothing about cars...)

3. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    lol..yes it is..damn luckly kid

steve

4. A kid who works as a fry cook in my town has one in bright "look at me yellow!"

Lucky bastard ;) :D

5. whats so good about em' ?

6. It's a turbo charged 4-banger with intercooler, sport suspension, sport exaust, good power to weight ratio, and sport shifting. Its arguably the best import (yet, its a domestic) sportscar for the price

7. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    you can get them for under $20 grand and there are as fast as a mustang if not faster stock!!

then with the stage 2 turbo kit....over 300 hp form a 4 cylnder...im sure i can get one in the 12's....

i just need to find a new job so i have some flow then im going to get one.....hehe just a couple of months..

i do get a better price tho'...when you dad used to work at the car dealership for 18 years it works for ya.....hehe

i can't wait....

steve

8. I wish i could get a good price on one. the only money they would give me is $500 for owner loyalty because of my B-150 van:meh:

9. I'm not into ricers or even fast cars for that matter, but it looks pretty slick:)

10. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    when i get one the first thing im doin is taking off the wing....and putting a more subtle one on

don't really like the wings

then upping the boost

steve

11. Of course you probably already know this, but don't go nuts on the boost. no nead to blow the heads off of a new car. if it had around 80k miles...go nuts, blow it to pieces then build it back up even better and faster.

Oh, and good call with the wing, theres no way that thing can be really be functional enough to have to want to keep that goofy looking thing.

12. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Wrong wheel drive and too many doors, imo.

13. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

You could always drive it backwards :p

14. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    lol..i wish it was awd..but we can all dream.
    if i blow it up..i have connections in chrysler..so if i blow it up...time for a new motor..lol

steve

15. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Generation gap, I guess. ;)

16. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Without a doubt. :)