Any one in Australia need a bass player??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by fleanut, Jul 4, 2001.

1. Hi there,
    Im a 17 year old bassist (duh!) and I am looking for a band to play with. i have been playing for 3 years and i like to play all kinds of music so if you know of any one in the western suburbs of melbourne australia, (Bacchus Marsh, melton, gisborne, sunbury ect etc. please mail me at Thanks guys.
  2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    A well intentioned ad, Fleanut, but isn't posting it here a bit like selling refrigerators to eskimos?
  3. I dunno, fleanut. I have a strange feeling you won't get too many calls for a bassist on this site. Have you tried posting on a guitar/drum/keyboard/etc. forum?
  4. Dang, BW... you beat me to it!
  5. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

I know some guys looking in Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Missouri. Want to jump on a Quantas flight and check it out? ;)

Seriously, bulletin boards at your local music stores are a sure deal, at least here in the US. There will be ads, (always where I've seen), looking for bassists.

If you want them to come to you, put up your own ad telling about what kind of music your into and what kind of gear you have, with your phone number/email address printed about 15-20 times into pre-cut strips that a reader just tears off your page.
  6. Hardyhaha
    Thanks guys for reminding me of my inferior intellect. i guess ill just go to another forum to post one, unfortunatly i cant get those qantas flights just yet. :p :p

just thought you might know of anyone looking for a bassist
  7. *ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    too bad you live out in the western subs, man .. i know a sh*tload of bands around inner-city melbourne that would kill for a half-decent bassist. such as it is, a lot of bands these days are going without a bass player :( do you live near croydon by any chance ? a coupla mates of mine (a guitarist and a drummer) are itching to start a band and have been aching for low-ender for ages. i was gonna play for 'em but i live too far away. let me know if you're interested.