Any one in the St. Paul MN area?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by Sloth, Jun 25, 2003.

1. Sloth

Jun 25, 2003
    St. Paul MN, US
    Is there any one in or around the St. Paul MN area that offers Bass lessons. Im sort of a newbe and would like to become one of the bass gods out there some day. I would also like to get out and meet other bassist even if your not in my area hit me back. :help:
  2. arnoldschnitzer

arnoldschnitzer AES Fine Instruments

Feb 16, 2002
    Brewster, NY, USA
    The Minnesota Symphony in Minneapolis has a great bass section. I believe Peter Lloyd is the principal (no relation to Nick Lloyd, fortunately for Peter). I'd find their website or call their Community relations person for a referral.
  3. Bob Galombeck teaches upright and electric through Groth Music in Bloomington. I am taking lessons from him on electric. He is a good teacher and a great guy.
  4. There is also MacPhail in downtown Minneapolis. Chris Brown of the St Paul Chamber Orchestra probably teaches. Music Tech probably has a DB teacher or two, but the focus there would be Jazz. The Schubert club may have a list of teachers (they have a classical music directory). All of these groups have websites.

(edit: grammar and tense)
  5. Sloth

Jun 25, 2003
    St. Paul MN, US
    hey Roark Haver
    do you think i could get his number so i could get in touch with him if you give it to me that would be great
  6. No problem, I have it at home. I'll post it in the next couple of days.
  7. Packinmn

Jun 21, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Hey Sloth,

If you wouldn't mind sharing with me any good resources you've found, I'd appreciate it. It too am looking for a teacher in the Cities. I am looking primarily for someone that will work with me on technique. I guess if I happen to learn a thing or 2 about music that wouldn't be so bad either :p
  8. John Sprague

John Sprague Sam Shen's US Distributor

Mar 10, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Sales Manager, CSC Products Inc.
    Here are the numbers for a couple of great luthiers in your area, maybe they can help:

John Michael Smith
    (651) 647-1148

Dave Folland
    (507) 645-7557

9. I'm going to my lesson tonight after work. I'll ask Bob if he is cool with me posting his number here. If not, I'll PM you with it.
  10. Hey there Sloth and Packinmn, here is Bob Galombeck's work number. Give him a call, he's a good teacher and a very nice guy.

Bob Galombeck - 612-388-9825
  11. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    ahh feels nice to have other minnesotans here...
  12. Not St. Paul, I'm in Rochester. Can anyone recommend a teacher in SE Minnesota?