1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any one Know what Fender is Announcing on 11/05/19?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by zweissenberger, Nov 1, 2019.

1. cbdriver

cbdriver

Mar 26, 2012
    W. Paducah, KY
    It’s called cheap, corner cutting mass production.

DrMole likes this.
  2. Brocephus

Brocephus

Sep 18, 2019
    Nah, I ain't bitin' yet. I'm gonna hold out for the New Fender American Ultra......EXTRA-SUPER-RESERVE-MEGA-TRIPLE-DELUXE, TRI-ONIC-HYPER-DRIVE, 3-POINT-O series ! ("9-volt battery included")
    Them's the one's I want !!

3. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    So they're no longer number one?
    :D

gebass6 likes this.
  4. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Is somebody gonna' start making MFLA baseball caps now? lol!

(please, no political sidetrack... just a silly joke).

Brocephus likes this.
  5. HagenToke

HagenToke

Jul 11, 2019
    PNW
    Oh no! Not again! Lol

6. Funky-Wunky

Funky-Wunky

Jun 15, 2004
    Maryland
    So what was the announcement?

7. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    They just made another announcement after learning about the new G&L Fallout bass...very simple and straightforward.
    Definitely to the point, don’t you think?

“Umm, never mind what we said Tuesday.”

8. gwangi

gwangi Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2009
    Forbidden Valley
    There was an announcement!!!!

PawleeP likes this.
  9. GrahamNN3

GrahamNN3

Apr 11, 2018
    A listening bass that tells the player when it’s out of tune to your predetermined tuning.

A sidechain input direct into the bass electronics.

A horrible idea of preset musical tones / styles direct from the bass

A tracking (GPS) device built into the bass.

10. PawleeP

PawleeP

Oct 8, 2012
    Includes a pj bass with an alleged noiseless single coil for the bridge slot [not sure about the design, maybe a lace type].
    Like the new lines, sturdier neck attachment and easier access to upper frets, even though i hardly ever play up that high.

11. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    ...yah, but for some reason, only a 4 string. wish they offered a 5. i assume it'll follow later.

12. Auspuff

Auspuff Supporting Member

Sep 24, 2019
    SoCal
    I about spit my coffee when I got to, "9-Volt battery included."

Brocephus likes this.
  13. Conrad romeo

Conrad romeo

Jun 17, 2018
    I know the guitars are using 5th gen Ultra noiseless pickups, are the bases still using 4th gen noiseless pickups?

14. In a loosely related story:
    “(AP) Developers in the city of Boca Raton, FL are aghast at the discovery that they have run out of nouns to pair with the word ‘Boca’ for the names of their new housing developments.

Leading developer Yail Bloor was quoted as saying, ‘We just got in under the wire with our new development, Boca Turds. It was the only noun left that we could get the Palm Beach Post to agree to print for our new development currently underwater west of Lake Okeechobee. But within five years, residents will proudly be saying, ‘Yes. I live in Boca Turds, Phase III.’ ”

15. Brocephus

Brocephus

Sep 18, 2019
    How's about they introduce a feature where you can just say, "Alexa, add light-gauge strings to the band shopping list......and then play the entire first set". That way you can "gig" while leaving the guitar on stage sitting on it's stand, and you're free to grab a beer and go hit on that group of honeys over by the pool table !!
    Think big, fellas ! :D

16. gln1955

gln1955 Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    "Alexa, fire the drummer"

"The drummer has been fired....would you like me to also fire the lead guitarist?"

Brocephus likes this.
  17. Isaac J

Isaac J

Dec 26, 2016
    UK
    Hate to say it, but I think it's cost-cutting on their part... Take the Himass bridge, you can get those for £30 online, versus more like £80 for the American Pro bridges. At a difference of £50 per bass, Fender's got some good savings there. Not only that, but the bridges aren't string-through now. It's quicker, therefore cheaper, to get a machine to drill screw holes than it is to get them to drill screw holes, AND string holes, AND bushing holes on the other side... even cheaper in that they no longer need bushings at all! Yet again, that's a saving of the value of those components, per bass. The truss wheel? I heard Fender did a pretty bad job at it, so rather than investing to improve it, they save costs and get rid of it entirely! Finally, I've heard they got rid of the Posiflex graphite rods... hate to sound repetitive, but again it's fewer components and less machining per bass. The preamp too, that's now +/- 10db rather than the previous 12/16/18 (I can't recall which). I suppose that just means they can play it more safely on how far they push their electronics.

I'm not hating on Fender as I think they are capable of making some brilliant instruments, I just don't see the new line as an upgrade.

Brocephus and Lovep like this.
  18. Lovep

Lovep Supporting Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    My thoughts as well. There is next to nothing that is upgraded from the Elite series...and in many ways I wasn’t even a lateral move...it was a reduction in components and in touch time per instrument in the factory. Saves Fender money and that’s about it.

19. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    The Elites had 4th gen, and the Ultras are new, so that'd make them 5th gen. HOWEVER, that said, I would not assume there's any useful parity between guitar and bass pickup generations in terms of overall innovation or specific improvements. It could entirely be that the 4th gen bass pickups represent the same level of currency in innovation as the 5th gen guitar pickups, etc..