Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

any one know what this bass is?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ras1983, Feb 7, 2005.

1. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    thata piece of crap

it looks like someone slapped bass strings on a guitar

man, it even has a floating bridge...

i dont wanna get into it, but it looks like bad news

2. +++1.

Truly hideous!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

3. Johnny Fila

Johnny Fila Formerly "The Crusader"

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
  4. ras1983

ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    fair enough

5. Personally, I woudnt consider it, i simply hate the design...

BUT...

IT doesnt seem to be THAT bad... I mean the wood is pretty decent if not fabulous, the humbucker and P Pickups would sound meaty, and the string-thru-body would help get a little more sustain... cheap as hell too... this seems to be a home-made... nah, i'd definitly stay away from it... lol.
    :D

6. Johnny Fila

Johnny Fila Formerly "The Crusader"

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
  7. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    Jeez, looks like whoever put that thing together hired Wishy to make the bridge...

8. The Hammer

The Hammer

Jul 13, 2004
    It looks like a homemade version of Entwhistle's Buzzard bass. I don't think it is a Killer bass as the headstock is completely different. I would definitely replace the bridge as soon as I got it.
    Note: I also just noticed that it says the neck will be removed from the body to "ship it easier" ***? I don't like the sound of that at all.

9. I can't get the pics to come up- a good thing?

10. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me after a late superbowl party, I'm still a bit blurry, but, when I managed to focus on the pictures, I had to run for the can anyway :(

Anyone else................er..............of sick today?

11. Perfect-Tommy

Perfect-Tommy

Mar 28, 2004
    Ohio
    I think I would rather light my butt hair on fire rather then buy this one. But watch it actually be one of the best basses of all time. We'll see this being played by the bass player that single handedly saves the world with his music :p

12. 80's hair band bass?
    Jackson summinerother?

Looks homemade (and ugly) to me.