Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any one tried an ash Sadowsky with a Morado fingerboard?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Cory, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Cory

Cory

May 16, 2004
    TEXAS
    Hey everyone,
    I am curious if anyone has ever tried a Sadowsky Bass with an ash body and a rosewood or morado fingerboard? What does it sound like?
    I have an older Sadowsky that I am thinking of getting a new neck for. I love the body of the bass which is a swamp ash with a heavily quilted maple top. (I also have a VJ4 with ash body and maple neck) So, I'd like to try something a little different to get a little darker finger tone. Do you think the morado fingerboard with an ash body would sound alright?
    I am sadowsky fanatic. I have several of his basses, but not any with mordado fingerboards....I have one of his guitars with a morado fingerboard.....like that helps. So, I'm looking to you guys for some help. Thanks!

2. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Cory, my nyc 5 is ash bodied, morado board. I love it. Not as sharp sounding as my ash/maple board but has more snap than the alder/rosewood metro I had.

Rob

3. VJP

VJP Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2001
    NJ
    http://www.sadowsky.com/stock_old/view/4024.html

I own this one. I love the combination. The morado, I think, is a little darker sounding than rosewood ( I've also got an Metro 5 with rosewood board).

The 24 fret 5 w/ morado has some growl to it, although that could be the soapbar pickups.

4. Cory

Cory

May 16, 2004
    TEXAS
    Thanks for the input!
    My sadowsky 24 fret has an ash body and a maple neck with the EMG's. I'd really love to hear what one with the sadowsky soapbars sounds like. I've been thinking of getting a set of those pickups for a while but just can't seem to make up my mind. Nobody around here has any sadowsky's. BUMMER!!

5. Cory

Cory

May 16, 2004
    TEXAS
    Thanks Rob!!

6. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

My vintage 4 has a morado fingerboard and they do have more snap then a rosewood board.