any one use 2x SVT 115e ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by origami, Jun 29, 2005.

1. origami

Jun 26, 2005
    Big D TEXAS
    Hi there,

I currently have a GK 1001rb-II and I am running into Gallien SBX410 and an Gallien SBX 115-II cabs.

The head sounds awesome. The 115-II is okay, but I am just dissapointed with the tone of the GK SBX 4x10. The only 4x10s I've ever liked were the Ampeg PR-410HLF and the GK RBH410. I guess that I have discovered (a little late) that I might not like 410 cabs that are sealed, and that I prefer 15s. I don't even use the tweeter.

I also own a Ampeg SVT 115e that I use at rehearsal. This speaker cab sounds great, but I can't use it live/loud as a stand alone because it is only 200 watts/400 peak. My 1001RB-II is 700 at 4ohms and 480 at 8ohms.

All this said, has any one used 2 x SVT 115e? I am thinking of just getting another 115e cab and making a stack.

Anyone out there had good luck with the 2x15 set up? Do you all think my head will just be too much for these cabs? I often have to play shows at venues without PAs.

2. americanmade

Feb 12, 2005
    I have the same question and have thought about doing the same thing before (except with my SVT Classic on top). I would like to hear somebody's personal experiences with this or a set up like this one.
  3. origami

Jun 26, 2005
    Big D TEXAS
    There are lots of threads about 2x15 cabs, but I, as well, am particularly wanting review on two SVT 115e used together as a stack. There are better 15" cabs out there and great 2x15" cabs, but since I already own a 115e and they are many used out there, i thought it would be the easiest match.

Anyone got the 411 on two SVT 115e's used as a stack. good or bad?

4. A friend of mine uses two ampeg 1x15" 115e enclosures. He has a really nice 1970s Fender Jazz and drives the cabs with an SVT3. Its a good solid sound, reasonably punchy but particularly good for his style, he plays in a blues outfit...
  5. 8mmOD

Mar 20, 2005
    I endorse & use Tech 21 pedals, Eminence loaded cabs, EMG pickups, Jim Dunlop picks & Ernie Ball Strings, BC Rich Basses.
    I gigged with a Classic & 2- SVT 15e's quite awhile back. I remember once playing in a gym with no PA support for the bass rig and the cabs were maxed... they didn't blow, but probably would have if I turned up any louder.

I will cut out everything in between and say that I currently use an SVT 410HE + 15E and for me thats a nicer combination of punch & lows (than just the 15e's) & it can handle higher volume levels than the 15e's alone... but I am probably switching to 12's soon since I want to use only one cab. BTW, I do use the horn on the 410HE, but just a hint of it.