Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any online resources for vocal training?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by StrudelBass, Aug 24, 2002.

1. StrudelBass

StrudelBass

Jul 6, 2002
    California
    Any online resources for vocal training? I'm sort of a cheap skate when thinking of getting lessons for anything, after all, with resources on the internet why bother? Or does anyone have tips for singing? Its sorta fun singing but not when you're off key, you know?

2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I don't think a website will let you know when you're flat. ;) I dunno, there could be some good pointers out there, though.

3. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Learning to sing online is like dancing about architecture.

4. liran

liran

Dec 18, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    Frank Zappa CopyCat :D

5. There's loads on the net. Just do a search for Vocal Lessons or Singing Techniques. Its not about singing along to something... I read heaps about techniques including, hanging the jaw, using your diaphragm... boy this sounds like I was learning from one of "those" sites.... :p

Then start listening to classic rock/pop aka The Eagles and sing to it. pick a song that is sort of in your vocal range that you can sing comfortably. For me it was Nothing Else Matters by metallica because he has a flatter voice and range. I just sang that everyday, listening to when i hit the notes. You'll know because you cant really define your voice, it'll sound like a harmony. ;) then fine something else slightly more challenging..

:D:D

Merls

6. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Sorta like learning to play bass online?

7. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    :D

8. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    You are implying that learning to sing has nothing to do with singing. How else would you know how to sing if you didn't learn?

Oh yeah... Frank Zappa copycat.