1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any opinion on FBB basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by boriology101, May 16, 2011.

1. boriology101

boriology101

Feb 19, 2008
    OREGON
    I did both google and talkbass searches and I found that it is not really spoken a lot in here. It looks like FBB is pretty nice custom bass brand that rocks and affordable (yeah!!). I would appreciate any comment about the bass from TBers who own/or owned!

Thank you!

2. chucko58

chucko58

Jan 17, 2002
    Silicon Valley, CA, USA
    I paid for all my gear myself. Well, me and MasterCard.
    I have not yet played one but I've been interested in them for a while.

FBB's luthier Matt Schmill is a TB user, you can see some of his posts in the Luthiers forums.

3. TB search doesn't recognize 3 characters or less... Advance google search works better. There are some topics on FBB in Talkbass.

Also, I recall that TB member, Pointbass, owned (or may still own) an FBB 7-string bass. I remember the listing in the TB Classifieds.

4. baileyboy

baileyboy

Aug 12, 2010
    I own FBB fretless 1095-04. Absolutely love this bass, light, wide tonal range, solid build, highly recommended. You can find these used for a great price. If you order one new through FBB Custom Bass Works you will be dealing with luthier Matt Scmill, who is a pleasure. Good luck.

5. CopperheadLXXIX

CopperheadLXXIX

Aug 9, 2003
    Jax, FL
    I had FBB build me a very unusual bass several years back (8 string short scale fretless with a wooden Rob Allen-ish piezo bridge) Priced way lower than any custom instrument has a right to be, exceptional build quality, and Matt was really great to deal with.